HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Empty
PostSubject: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm thinking about getting a capture device and am torn between the Elgato HD or the PVR Gaming Edition. The PVR is cheaper but I've heard bad things like over heating and cutting off mid recording. I'm not sure which one to get. The Elgato has some good reviews, but so does the PVR.
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 am

I own a HD PVR Gaming Edition 1.

I have had no Overheating issues, nothing big at all.
Never use the wrong plug for the power, that will fry it in minutes.
Sometimes, not often at all it will the capture card will freeze, but you simply stop recording and start recording again to fix it.

I've had mine for 2-3 years now, Gone through two laptops(because of me, not the pvr), but still using the Pvr.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SBArsyee
Sidewinder
Mechanic
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 am

El gato works quite well from my experience, I haven't purchased one for myself, but a few of my buds and my cousins have some. The el gato also has an editing software that comes with it (ask if you get one with your copy). Every time i've heard good things about the PVR, it breaks soon after.
El Gato review:
10/10
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/high-definition-game-recorder/108222

PVR review:
9.8/10
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/hd-pvr-model-1212/91869
v2:
8.5/10
http://www.gamestop.com/electronics/hd-pvr-2-gaming-edition/106011?ref=recpdp&cross=880108

Roxio review:
4/10
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/roxio-game-capture/102771

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks a lot guys.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mechanic
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:35 am

More reliable link:
http://www.elgato.com/gaming/game-capture-hd
So much information to help describe this amazing product.
Back to top Go down
Stacks
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:03 am

I have the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. I'd buy this over the other 2, only because you are saving about 100 dollars and you get around the same quality. The only reason why I'd suggest this if price isn't really an issue is because you aren't totally sure if you wanna keep doing it. If so, you can sell it for about the same as you paid for it and get the Elgato (That's what I plan on doing when I get some cash). Is it hard to use? No. Quality is pretty spot on. It sets up in seconds and is very easy to know what you are wanting to do.

The ONLY downfall is the file it records in is one unique to roxio, so to get sound, you have to "double render" the video. Every file has to be rendered through the roxio program, or windows movie maker. The elgato and PVR are little bit more on the advanced side when it comes to settings and getting it to do what you want it to.

Back to top Go down
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Ah...

okay cool.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:48 pm

I can vouch for the Roxio, great piece of kit.

Possibly going to buy myself one by next year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Hmmm... Elgato or Roxio? I guess the smarter choice would be the Roxio since I know nothing about recording or capturing.

They both have HD, and I'm looking for that and the better price. I'll look into the Roxio.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mechanic
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I'd watch youtube comparison videos or similar comparisons before making that choice..just an fyi.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Roxio my man. trust me dude. You get a PVR and your paying 100+ for a little less color. The Roxio when me over and I've had both!
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mechanic
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 pm

ElGato > PVR & Roxio! lol
Back to top Go down
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm

I'll look into all 3. Much appreciated for the responses, guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...   Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for Anyone who Records Videos or has...
Page 1 of 1