AuthorMessage
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Tandem Inc. 9285512646_fe3fcd89f0_c

Introduction to: Tandem Inc.

With me (Louis) and Falken (Andy) getting more and more into the drifting scene in SoCal, we saw it fit to try and join a club kind of thing. Nothing that was big on experience or big on competition, just a group of guys that chill and drift together for the fun of it. Unfortunately it's not like a job application, you can't just go up to these guys and ask to be in their crew. After a long discussion we though why not just make our own?.. We each thought about it and it seemed an awesome idea! We talked about it more for a few days, like details about what we are going to do in it, where it could lead and stuff. Then it hit us, we need to get this done now. Enough planning, enough wasting time decision making and get on to it. We will sort out any problems we have when we come to them, if we come to them. So I bring to you, Tandem Inc.

Louis' Back Story

My name is Louis, I've been in SoCal for most my life so I've been growing up as drifting started to become a thing. When I got my licence I bought myself a 240sx and got in with a group of guys. Quickly got to modifying it, and even quicker to crash it. On some quiet road I dropped it in a ditch and it rolled, was too costly to repair and had taken me a while to get one in the first place, so sold what I could and scrapped the rest. Never bought another drift car since then, always stayed in the crowd though, working on my friends cars and things. Came to this summer and the scene opened up again, people running their cars that they'd been working on over the winter. Most of my friends were back out there doing it, and to be honest I missed the driving. I sold my rubbish daily and scraped some more money together and went out and bough myself a nice big V8 Ford Mustang. I could have gone the S-Chassis route but decided against it, wanted V8. Now I'm back in the scene having more fun than ever and meeting a tonne of new people. Can't wait to see how this will develop, hopefully big things in the future.

Andy's Back Story

Well, I'm Andy. I've been in the southern California area for a few years now. I've been working as a home improvements/builder. I do anything from roofing, to building decks, to replacing windows. With that being said, I've managed to get quite some cash stored up waiting to be spent on a car. I didn't really know what I wanted to get at the moment, so I just kept looking around. That's when I met my future drift bud, Louis. I met him at a local track day over in Sonoma. We talked, and instantly became friends. He just seemed like such a down to earth dude to hang with. So with him being in the drift scene, and the majority of SoCal as well, I then knew what I was looking for. A drift car. I knew the basics and the majority of things, like the S-Chassis, the AE86, the 350z, and so-on, but I had never really driven any, so I went off the internet. I researched for countless nights, which is better, and I finally got my answer, which seemed to be clear. The infamous S13. So to make a long story short, I started looking in Craigslist, found a PS13 right here in Cali, went to look at it, and bought it. So here I am with a perfect starter car, along with a perfect scene.

Tandem Inc Shop Car

Nissan 240sx:

Spare Parts

Parts Bin:

The Gallery

Here in the gallery section, you will find pictures of both our cars, either on the track, or in the pits! Probably in the pits, because drift car!

Louis' Stang':

Andy's PS13:

Shop Bank Statement

Open For Moneiz:

Last edited by Falken HD on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Cougar wrote:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!

Best Thing to Say.

This will be cool man
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SBArsyee
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Looking sick!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks Cal. We're heading up to Sonoma again this Saturday so well keep you guys updated
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 pm

I'll be updating mine tomorrow guys, getting my new handbrake cable fitted. Plus my coils should be arriving tomorrow too, so will get those installed sometime this week. Depends when I can get it to a garage, hopefully they're on before Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Had an awesome day today! I got a call from work saying there had been a power outage and I'd still be getting paid, just had a day off! So I sat in and waited for my springs and handbrake cable to arrive, they came around mid morning-ish. I gave my buddy a call to see if he knew if there was a garage space available for my cable to be fitted. I went to the guy he told me about, they guy who owned the garage was awesome. He was a down to earth dude, he pulled a car off the ramp to put my Mustang on. I had to sit in the car whilst he was under it, made the job easier. I asked when he was free to fit my coils, he said after he had a dinner break he would do it. Was pretty damn pleased with that!

Whilst he was on hid dinner I took the Mustang out and bedded in the new handbrake. Was stronger than ever, held the car nicely. Perfect. Just need to take it easier when drifting now, this is a brand new cable so it shoudn't just snap straight off like the last one, that one was 8 years old though lol. He got back and the car went straight back up in the air, I did the rear coils whilst he did the fronts. I'd changed a few sets of coils on friends cars before so I had an idea of what I was doing. Once that was over he had a base setup that he put on there, running abour -3.2 degrees of front camber and about -0.8 on the rear. They were lowered all the way down too. Once the car was on the floor it looked so much better, it did look baller low! I got in and straight away forgot about how low it was, whilst reversing out the garage I scraped the bottom of the car on the ramp. Damn. No major damage just scratched the underside quite a bit.

Once I got safely out of the car park and onto the road I let the new coils wear in a bit, then there was only one way to properly see if they worked. I found an old warehouse car park and did a few skids, there was no real course and the coils had only just gone in so it wasn't majorly better. It felt a lot smoother though, not so much body roll and was able to hold a nice amount of angle. I left the car park just in case anyone called the police on me or something and took it back to the garage. Paid the guy and took his number just incase I needed anything else. Which I probably will be in the future.

Tandem Inc. 9303109498_5d48566521_z
Tandem Inc. 9300325647_5d25c8aafd_z

Also, I will be drifting at Sonoma again on Saturday. I saw on Facebook that they were having a drift day and needed drift taxi's. What that is, is basically I go and people pay to have passenger rides in drift cars. I don't get any money for it, but I do get my tires paid for by the track so that's a bonus. I didn't think I'd be chosen but I couldn't see the harm in applying so I did. About 2 hours later I got a phone call from them, I was accepted and they wanted to know if I could definately make it. Awesome! This gives me a proper chance to wear the new coils in and get a decent amount of seat time in. Can't wait! I told Andy about it too, hopefully he can get on too!
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm

This thread is full of VICTORY!!!!

Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Your mustang is looking HELLA fresh man. Those coils make a worlds of difference. I'll see what Tein has on their site. These cut springs aren't going to last too much longer...
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Cheers dude, oh man you gotta get off those cut springs! Lol.
Just need some posh wheels on there and it will look even better. Wink
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Nice read dude. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Cheers buddy!
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I readicated the whole thing! Lol. Good write up Coug.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Well. I just came across a killer deal I couldn't resist. A BMW M3 E36 with a full suspension under it, single turbo conversion, and a full exhaust for only $13,000. Where you gonna find a deal like that? So I'm going to have it shipped over to SoCal because work has been crazy lately. I would go drive it home but I don't have the time. For right now its going in the garage with a cover on it because I don't have the time to tend both cars, so she will just have to wait Wink
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh yes!
Awesome find buddy!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't need another project on my hands but it was too good a deal!
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:45 pm

To be truthful, I'd be willing to bet that Cougar had to duct tape himself to his chair to keep from buying that himself, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I did have to have a pretty serious talk with myself when I saw it haha. Razz
Talked myself out somehow, I'll see Falken driving it and just want it haha.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Yeah, I'm forced to use duct tape on occasion, lol. My car hoarding addiction kicks in when I see these cars selling at ridiculous prices. I was up to 19 cars, then down to 9 cars a while back, and I'll be damned if I'm not back at 14 or 15.....

......I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Ok, there, I admitted it. Isn't that the first step? Lol.

Last edited by DIS OldManTiger on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Haha, I want to buy an S-Chassis all the time but I have to keep telling myself not too. Razz

Automobile Anonymous!
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 pm

I am looking forward to FM5, I will have 7 rolls of duct tape handy! That way I will build one car for a bit. Also, I'm giving myself a garage limit on FM5. When the garage is full, I can't bring anything new unless I let something go. Well, that is my plan at least, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I think we're bringing Tandem Inc. over when (or if) we both get the Xbox One. I know I am, might not be for a while after but I'll get one. So it might be staying on FM4 for the future.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Well, FM4 will stay running here, with a guarantee of 0 forced restarts..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tandem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Made Not Manufactured :: MnM Main :: The Car Park-
Jump to: