HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:44 am

I don't have that one. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Today was the day that the Mustang left me, it was sad to see it go for sure. But I know it's going to a good home. The reason I know is because the guy who came to pick it up was Tiger. The guy I drove with my second time at Sonoma. He called me up yesterday to if the car was still for sale, and had arranged to come down today. So on my dinner hour I went to the garage to wait for him. He had made me a deal, he had an SR20 motor, a fully custom straight piped exhaust that was ready to be bolted on and a massive turbo. Not one of these disco potatos you see strapped on there, this one means business. I'm still unsure of the make, I need to do some research or find someone that knows turbo's, a job for another day. Plus he was paying 10k on top of that. A pretty sweet deal!

He arrived with a friend in a pick up with the parts. He got out and I recognised him straight away, we shook hands and I showed him around the car. The exhaust system had been fitted too. He asked to see the 240 too, whilst I was showing him he spotted the supercharger sitting on the work bench. He asked for a price, I was originally selling it for 6k. But seeing as he had just bought my Mustang I offered 4k. He accepted and pulled a cheque book out. I was shocked, I was expecting payments. This dude has money haha. He wrote a cheque for the car and the 'charger and his friend unloaded the parts into the garage. We shook hands again and he drove it away, I watched as it pulled onto the road and dissappeared. Was definately gutted watching it being driven away. Ah well, onto bigger things hopefully!

By the time I closed the garage it was time for work again. Not working on the car tonight. I'm skipping Sonoma this weekend to get the 240 ready for the end of summer bash, going to be in there all weekend. I'm thinking I could modify the exhaust a bit and use that for the 240. I've pretty much got all the parts there ready. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm

My buddy is giving me a lift to work tomorrow and then to my possible new car. Since it's my half day tomorrow I did a search of Craigslist and found a gem of a car. One owner from new, 60,000 miles. All will be revealed tomorrow if all goes well.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Real or "real"?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 pm

"Real."
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Gotcha Wink. Want me to clean the last few posts?
Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:25 pm

hit me up when that 240 is up and running we get some drifting in Im building a supercharged ka and I have a sr20det 240 aswell I wana see that badboy 240 go what engine you gonna be using in it
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:29 pm

She's got the supercharger in, and a transmission. Here is a run down Fujimi a bit ago testing it out.

Tandem Inc. - Page 6 9466674107_aed2ec8c38_z

Tandem Inc. - Page 6 9466674293_a304a978a6_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah dude looking good!! Very Happy
Nice to see it being driven, I haven't drifted it in a while.

86, I'm down for that. I'm turbo'ing the KA.
Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 pm

TURBO KA that be good I building a supercharged one now we need to find some with a N/A KA add me there ill be online in a few mins
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:47 am

I just picked up my new car, about an hour our of town it was. I finished work and headed out there. An aweosme street! Full of massively expensive houses, smooth tarmac and a few trees. We arrived at the house and the electric gates opened for us. There was a mid aged guy stood at the door, he waved us over. We got out and he took us to the garage, the car was in a parking space next to a new Mercedes. He has been the only owner of it and looked after it very well, I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was probably going to destroy it drifting. It was a 2003 Nissan 350z, hard to believe this car is now 10 years old. As far as paint it looked factory fresh. The wheels had a little curbing, but the rest was solid. No rust or anything, so glad about that.

We settled on a price and he handed me the keys, the engine fired up and I reversed onto the street. The 3.5L V6 felt tight, and purred very nice. We headed out, me in the Z and my buddy in his S14. Wasn't long before we were having drag races on the freeway, the 350 was holding it's own, but it's a pretty heavy car. Then we pulled off to find a quiet car park and throw it around a bit. It handled so nice, was so balanced. Didn't make me work nearly as hard as the Mustang did. In the Mustang it always felt that I was fighting with the car, like it wasn't really comfortable drifting. The Z on the other hand, it just holds massive angles, and it's even on stock springs! Couldn't be happier with it, it wasn't long before people complained and we had to move on before the police were called.

Now I'm just about to go to the garage and work on the 240, plan on tackling the fuel system today and getting the turbo all plugged in this weekend. Happy days!

Tandem Inc. - Page 6 9465418383_96e2b4a36c_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 6 9468197624_f1410ffc6d_z

Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:09 pm

love reading these storys Very Happy

is this real life aswell as in game or just in game bro
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks man, I like hearing that people are enjoying them. Smile

Nah all in game mate, not got enough cash to this IRL yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:48 pm

man you make it sound so real Very Happy

I want in on the action ha ha Very Happy and the 350z looks mint
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Haha, thanks for the kind words. Smile
You should come drifting with me sometime dude, sure I can get you in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:21 pm

I better build my MnM drift car then Smile I has the funds
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Alrighty. Smile
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Nice man!! But you have to change your signature before I start crying Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Haha, I will when I get a decent drift pic of the Z.
Until then I could do with a super awesome place holder.. Tiger.. Wink
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:31 pm

^ Lol. I'm hearing you. Congrats on the Z homie. We'll have to put the Stang and the Z together.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm

The thing is, I have no idea of what I want. So whenever you got some free time let your creative juices flow. Wink

Yeah dude for sure!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Spent all afternoon and tonight in the garage working on the 240, Andy stopped by which was cool. Haven't seen him in a while, the Z was on the ramp in the air when he got there. He asked if he could take it for a spin in our car park. Well, it's not really ours. Us and a few other warehouses share it. Becuase it was after dinner everyone had gone home and it was empty. He dropped it off the lift and reversed it out. I couldn't leave the 240, but I could sure as hell hear him haha. Killing my tyres. He drove it back in a couple minutes later with a big grin on his face, I just laughed and he put the keys on the bench. We spoke for a while and he helped a bit with the car then he went off home. By this time I had the front subframe out and had the new manifold bolted onto the engine.

The turbo is also bolted on the manifold now, just need to get it plumbed in and get the exhaust modified to fit. It's not road legal however, but it will have to do until I can get a more legal one. Andy has got me a spot in his friend's garage for a tune, it needs to be there Sunday afternoon though, that's the only space available in the next 3 weeks. Apparently this guy knows what he's doing, which is handy because I have no clue. Another long day in the garage tomorrow then it is!
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:03 pm

BOOM! Here you go homie.

Tandem Inc. - Page 6 CougarZ_zps2797a14e

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Boom! I love you man. Smile
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I like that pic so much its my desktop wallpaper right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Made Not Manufactured :: MnM Main :: The Car Park-
Jump to: