Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
+14
Takum1 Fujiwara
86GUY
Fadam
Darthm0ng
OneBadBird
Mad Hatter
Cougar
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
MichaelC
DIS OldManTiger
Falken HD
Kru Jones
Arsye
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 am

You'll have to talk to Falken about that mate.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Got a bit of trouble with the 240 already, I took it for a little drive after work today and it doesn't look good. Didn't get far from the garage before smoke was appearing in my rear view mirror. I pulled it back into the garage to see what was what. Was the head gasket, couldn't have been something small could it?! The head came off and I realised I don't even have a replacement. So now it's just over 2 days until I'm supposed to be drifting it and it's broke. Great. I've ordered a shit eBay one for now, will be delivered tomorrow so that's another night in the garage. Hate this car already.
Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 pm

You should hit the pass tonight to see what the atmosphere is like i can give u a loaner car for the night to get the feel and ill have my super charged 240 up there to if you wana check that out
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah man if I'm around I'll definately head up there. Got my 350 I could use too mate, thanks for the offer!
Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 pm

no prob check it out bro hope to see you there
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:26 am

Last night was a good one, I planned on getting the 240 done. However, I'm not even sure the event is happening. I haven't heard a word from anyone at all, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to be selling the 240 after the event anyway. I've had enough of it already. Anyway, last night. My buddy gave me a call just before I was about to head out for the garage, he said that a few people were doing some touge runs about an hour drive away from us. He asked if I wanted in? Sure, first time for everything. I got in the Z and went to pick him up. His car is out of comission at the moment.

We arrived to about 5 or 6 people parked at the bottom of the hill, most Honda's. We all chatted for about 15 mins before they told me the basics, stay in the right lane because the road wasn't closed and have fun. First time grip racing the Z, it actually surprised me. It was very grippy, you could feel it trying to break loose but it was very tame. I didn't try anything too dangerous as it was my first time up here. I can't believe I've never driven here, some absolute awesome roads! We got to the top, I did fall back a bit, but not too much. We let the cars cool and headed back down. Downhill was even better! Could let the car coast down there, didn't use a lot of throttle and kind of kept up. I didn't lose the gap between me and the car in front.

After a few more runs I asked about drifting, they said they do it but not today. After they all left I stuck around. Wanted to see how drifting felt on this road. We went back up to the s-bends and my buddy jumped out with his camera. I didn't bother staying in lanes, I had been up here the best part of 2 hours and hadn't seen one car. We had about an hour of sunlight left so decided to get some shots in!

The car felt awesome! I couldn't believe how well it was performing for a stock car, it felt so good! The steering was spot on, only one issue though. I found myself on the bump stops quite often. This car can pull more angle, just the steering won't let me. After some solid runs my buddy got back in and we headed home. Sure as hell need to do this again, and see if Andy wants to come down sometime.

When I got home I went on the internet and did some parts hunting. I ended up on Part's Shop MAX website. They had a ton of suspension stuff for a 350, and it was pretty reasonably priced too. I ordered a set of MAX Pro Coilovers for the Z, should sit nice and low now. I also ordered their Super Angle kit, should give me more lock and therefore more angle. A few other things too, like a rear traction rod, rear camber arms, rear toe rod. Everything needed for the fronts are in the angle kit. I also bought myself a hydraulic handbrake from them too. So after I spent a nice wad of cash I went to bed. Here are some pictures of my runs.

Tandem Inc. - Page 8 9502680225_d094893033_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 8 9502680855_988c1fbf63_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 8 9502681651_61c7584d26_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 8 9505479186_1744077bea_z
Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 am

U up for a bit of touge drifting tonight on the pass
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 am

Can't tonight dude, I'm off out with friends.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 am

Well I sold the 240 yesterday. I got a call from the guy I went to the touge with, Chris. He said he saw the ad on Craigslist, he already knew of the problems with it. He offered me 12k, I thought about it and yelled to Andy to load it on the trailer. We spoke on the phone before I went to drop it off. Was definately sad to see it go, but a massive relief at the same time.

Also, went to a little meet. Not a drifting meet, just a show and shine kind of thing. I didn't think my Z would draw much attention, I was only going for the slammed cars there lol. I got to the car park and was surprised by the amount of attention the Z was getting, people taking pictures and asking about it. Even got an offer to buy it from me. I locked it and went for a walk around, I got talking to a guy there. A pretty sound guy all round, he asked about my car and joked about how stock it was. I laughed along with him, he offered to buy me a set of wheels. I thought he was joking, so I agreed. He told me to go to his buddy's shop, I was a bit confused. He said we can go now before he closes. I was damn shocked at this point, we walked over to my car and got in. I was expecting him to say he was joking at any point. I figured he wasn't when we pulled up outside the shop. This wasn't a shitty garage with a few sets of wheels in there either. It was a pretty big deal, Rotiform's, genuine BBS's, Enkie's. The lot.

We went in and I was immediately drawn to a set of Rota's, yeah yeah I know huehuehue bad quality blah blah. They look f*cking awesome though! He walked up behind me and asked if I wanted them, sure I said. He pulled a wad of cash out and paid his friend for the wheels. I drove the Z around the back for them to be fitted, still confused at what just happened. They were fitted within about 15 mins. The car was literally transformed. It will look a million times better when it will go low enough to do them justice though. Oh yeah, my parts will arrive tomorrow apparently, so hopefully will be all done by Monday. Smile

Tandem Inc. - Page 8 9517140110_021ea2c902_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am

Just a quick update. Juts got done with my half day at work and headed down to the garage to find a few boxes with my name on. All my stuff from Parts Shop MAX has arrived. Going to be doing that over the weekend. The Z is on the ramp now, I've took the suspension out already and got the subframes out. Now to get the proper stuff done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:04 am

Cougar wrote:
Just a quick update. Juts got done with my half day at work and headed down to the garage to find a few boxes with my name on. All my stuff from Parts Shop MAX has arrived. Going to be doing that over the weekend. The Z is on the ramp now, I've took the suspension out already and got the subframes out. Now to get the proper stuff done. Very Happy
I Want to help !!!!! bounce 
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 am

Feel free, could use the help! Smile
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:21 am

I'll be over ina bit, and i might bring a surprise with me..
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:22 am

Uh oh, haha. Razz
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 am

You'll like it, here's a hint.

Tandem Inc. - Page 8 MQT1hV822_FYfLuULntaXlg
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 am

I'm guessing you got the E46 shell then dude?
Also, forgot to tell you. I got a set of valves here for the 240. They're street spec. They're yours if you want them?
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 am

Sure how much?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am

Free.
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 am

Well, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 am

Hey Cougar, you asked me to give you first whack at the S14 shell if I decided to sell. Well, I've decided to take the parts and do up a 240. So, I have a S14 shell, with Race Suspension and Race Weight. Plus a Border Front Bumper, INGS Rear Bumper, and INGS Sideskirts. How's $7500?

I also have an SR20 with Race Exhaust, Race Air Filter, Race Pistons, Race Intercooler, and Street Flywheel. I figured I'd offer them to you before I listed them. Let me know.

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 am

Well I already have a motor, exhaust and turbo. But I'll take the shell with the intercooler for 8k if you want?
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:47 am

Done! Enjoy bro.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks man! Smile
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Did you want me to send it to you Cougar? Its the stock blue metallic color.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 pm

If you're oine you can mate, don't get on especially to do that though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next