Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
+14
Takum1 Fujiwara
86GUY
Fadam
Darthm0ng
OneBadBird
Mad Hatter
Cougar
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
MichaelC
DIS OldManTiger
Falken HD
Kru Jones
Arsye
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Haha, good to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Drifting all day at Sonoma tomorrow, keep an eye out for a write up tomorrow night. Smile
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Does this mean its Team Spooky X Stay Fly X Tandem Inc. ?!?!!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Looks like it haha, we are in no way trying to compete though. Smile
Back to top Go down
JiqSaw Bunqie
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:26 pm

is this a drift team or a meet up?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Kind of a team, just me and Falken decided to do our own thing. More of a chill version of a team, we don't battle or anything like that. Just in it for the fun.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:56 pm

FOR ALL TEH FUNZZ.

On topic doe, looking forward to the updatepotatuh.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Cheers man.
Back to top Go down
JiqSaw Bunqie
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

so can anyone play in the festivities or do we have to join
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Well we are going to be holding drift days pretty soon so you can join in on those, but as for joining Tandem Inc. it's just me and Falken dude.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Gonna write this up why I can be bothred, plus Formula Drift is on when I usually on when I write up.

I finished my ususal half day on Friday and went straight to Andy's house. I forgot which house was his but the car on the driveway was easily recognisable. We had a bite to eat and a beer then we set off a car park I told him about. It was virtually empty because the company had gone bust a few months back, so eveything was still there, apart from security..

We both went in my car. After about 15 minutes we arrived at the place, there were a few cars parked there but other than that it was deserted. Andy jumped out with the camera and I began to tear around the empty car park. The reason I was doing this is because I wanted to see if anything needed improving before Sonoma. The car felt fine, there was no real course I was just trying to match the section I'd be drifting at Sonoma the following day. Felt alright. We pacekd up and headed out before the police found out what we were doing.

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9321405940_2ab0feb2b0_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9321406362_12cd5f6e72_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9318614379_2f92813df0_z

Up at 3am this morning, Andy came along too. He wasn't taxi'ing but he came to drive anyway. We rolled out on the long drive to Sonoma, I don't mind the drives to be honest. The Mustang can handle them and it gets the car ready for the day of abuse. We arrived at Sonoma to a few cars I hadn't seen before. There was a bright yellow Miata, first thought was a beater. Best to not get close just in case it was slower than me. How wrong was I. We were talking to the dude that owned it, he didn't give a name. Just told us people called him Tiger, pretty cool nick name. He popped the bonnet of the Miata, I had to double take. Running a 340hp 13b. Damn.

After about half an hour of car talk we were allowed on the track. Me and the other taxi people had to go to a different drivers meeting to the other guys, me and Andy shook hands and he drove to the section. We were all taken into a room and given a low down as to what we were doing. The basics if you spin, each passenger gets one run each. After that had finished we crusied to the section, a car had gone off so the other drivers were waiting. There was a queue of people behind a fence, figured that was it. We were waved into a little section of track and told to wait for someone to get in. I was about 4th in the line so I wasn't waiting long. Tiger was before me, he left and gave a nod of the head to me before lining up behind the cone. My door opened, this was it. My first taxi run.

A young-ish looking kid got in, about 15 year old. We shook hands and I handed him a helmet, made sure he was belted up and set off the line. It was his first time in a drift car, I told him not to worry and I'd try my best. The marshall gave me the ok and I left the line. Looked over at the kid, he was holding onto the door, I smiled and flicked the car into the first clip. It grabbed nicely and I planted the throttle the rest of the corner, it gripped a bit too much since they were fresh cold tires. Finished the run without spinning so all was well. I parked back up, high fived the kid and he got out.

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9318615353_298a29e36f_z

After about 5 or 6 more runs I decided to get a bit braver, I tried to tandem more. I lined up with my next passenger and set off. My plan didn't really work. I was left straight away and he pulled away the rest of the run. After a few more I was lined infront of Tiger, I gave a thumbs up out the window and he gave one back. We set off, he stuck right behind me. And oh my god, it stayed right on my door! My passenger was hyped, he was banging on my door asking him to come closer. I didn't care though, was a hell of a rush. We finished the run and parked back up, I got out of my car and shook his hand. He stuck straight to me, didn't even hit me. I had a little tire mark on my door where his tire caught me abit, it rubbed out though. He did the same thing, run after run after run. He stuck behind me. This dude can drive!

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9314233804_469f295a12_z

After about 2 hours and countless tire changes we all had a decent run together.

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9314234490_c0232cc9d5_z

I was so pumped on drifting that I didn't notice my engine temp gauge was super high. I showed the marshall and he gave me permission to sit out whilst it cooled down, I parked it and left the bonnet up for it to cool quicker. It gave me a chance to talk to a few people and grab some food. I asked a few people I had as passengers what they thought of the car, good graces all round. Pretty pleased with that. After 10 mins I went to check on the car. Nice and cool. Got some fresh tires on there and headed back out. There was half an hour of track time left and most other drivers had gone home. There was 4 of us taxi people left to get through the rest of the queue.

Got through it, one hell of an awesome day! The Mustang held up fine, glad I noticed the temp gauge before it got a lot worse. I got a tonne of track time in and had a chance to test a few tire manufactures out. They were tires left from old events, a few Formula Drift tires were left. Mostly Nexen's and Falken's. Even got a few runs on Hankook's. Fitted some part worn tires for the drive home. We all shook hands and we rolled out. Will definately be applying for taxi'ing in the future!

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9318614599_868714cf81_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9321406886_26a5281f9e_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9321407560_8ea7cfbc43_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9314234948_650cba2453_z
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Oh snap, I just guested in the story, dopeness. Great write up Cougar! Oh and Tim is my name, and Tiger really is a nickname from real life, years before Xbox live. My initials are TGR, so it stuck very early on, lol.

*EDIT: And to boot, I was actually born in the year of the Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Good to know dude, that's a sick nickname haha!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Awesome write up as usual man, sure was a blast again! I did noice that your Stang looks a lot more stable with the coils fitted. I really need to invest in a nice pair for my PS13. It's just a matter of time before something breaks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Cheers buddy, they make a world of difference. I'd say definately invest some money into decent ones though!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
Mechanic
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:45 pm

I love this shit...
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 pm

This shit loves you. Wink
Lol, thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:52 pm

And sorry I haven't been updating my build with you guys lately, work has been off the charts
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
Mechanic
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Woo! More love! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Don't worry about it, Falken. I'm only updating as much as I am because I don't have college or a job to go to haha.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Ok, another update for you guys. Nothing too big, oh yeah. I bought another car..

I was at a friends house helping him fit a new exhaust to his S14, the job was pretty simple and didn't take too long. We just got done and one of his friends turned up, he had a 240, asking if he knew anyone that wanted to buy a 240 he had. I had absolutely no intention of buying it at all, but we all ended up going to look at it anyway. It was under a cover in his back garden, we pulled the cover back expecting to see a rotted away 240. But it wasn't, it was pretty clean, it hadn't been sitting there long, only 3-4 weeks. It needed a clean obviously, but the interior was nice, the underneath was nice and under the engine was cleaner than I thought.

My friend had to leave but I stuck around to help this guy with a few wiring things on his 240. His car was pretty built, a blacktop SR, full straight pipe exhaust, caged, stripped and slammed. It was just a plain white with black aftermarket bumpers. We got the wiring done and I asked him why he was selling the car, or why he even had it in the first place. He said he had rust in his current 240 and was going to re-shell it into the one he is selling, because it was solid underneath. Once he got a price for fixing the rust he decided against it, as it would just take too much time and would be easier to just fix the car now. Understandable.

I took one last look around the car, it really wa solid. Not a spot of rust anywhere. He had welded the diff and cut the springs, which I wasn't too thrilled about. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but the thought of buying it just kept whizzing around in my head. He said he was just about to leave, he obviously had a lot of interest in the car. Screw it, I asked how much he wanted. He obviously knew what he had and offered a fair price. And I took it. I am now the owner of a 240SX.

Don't ask me what my plans are, I have absolutely no idea. I'm just gonna daily it and save scraping my Mustang on all the streets of California. So, that's it. Don't expect updates on it for a while, I need to get more parts in the Mustang first.

Tandem Inc. - Page 2 9338510502_40b04235be_z
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Nice! I'm looking forward to FM5 so I can do some stories. I'm too far gone in my FM4 garage for it, lol. I'll just do my Horizon for now.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey Tiiiiiiiger Wink
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Shoosh, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Cheers man, just noticed it looks silver in that picture. It's more of a beige.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next