Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
+14
Takum1 Fujiwara
86GUY
Fadam
Darthm0ng
OneBadBird
Mad Hatter
Cougar
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
MichaelC
DIS OldManTiger
Falken HD
Kru Jones
Arsye
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Nice!. When is Andy gonna update us with some of his?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I spoke to him the other day, he's really swamped with school and other stuff so isn't really active. He's still around though.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am

A little update on what we've been up to. Andy got in touch with me a couple weeks ago about getting a shop car. Something we could both drive at events and maybe compete in next year. I agreed as long as the budget wasn't something crazy. I would ideally like something else V8, maybe from the LS series, but getting it and fitting into an S-Chassis proved too much to afford. No worries, we'd do the next best thing.

After a couple days searching and speculating we agreed it should be an S-Chassis, keeping it roots. We decided on a 240, they're easy to come by here and plenty of aftermarket goodies available on hand. Andy searched eBay and quickly found something nice, a 240sx rolling shell. Everything was on it, bar gearbox and engine. A little rust, but not as much as some of the ones I've worked on. After a couple days bidding he had won it. We split the bill and he headed to pick it up.

So here it stands now, on one of our ramps, ready to be turned into something epic. Since we decieded on a 240 I've been on the lookout for parts, I managed to pick up an SR20 with a decent turbo (unknown brand, gonna have to do some research) an SR22 kit, stronger valves and better pistons and a couple other goodies. Hopefully get some coilovers soon too.

So, that's where we stand.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Some more reading material for you guys, nothing about Tandem Inc I'm afraid. Just something that happened at work today.

Oh man, what a blast! Our top boss came down, the guy who owns all the business I work for, to check up on progress. Apparently he's doing it to all the warehouses he owns, not telling anyone just dropping in un-announced. So we've been on our toes all week anticipating his arrival. And sure enough, without warning he arrived. I was on my break when he got here so I missed him at first, but as I was pulling back into the car park I saw his car. A brand spanking new Ford Mustang Boss 302 in green. Oh my, what a beauty of a car. The first green one I've seen, and the first Boss I've seen up close.

I parked near it so I could walk past it on my way into work, as I was gazing at it he came out and said hi. I didn't know if I should apologize for nearly drooling over his car or not, I said hi back and complimented him on his car. He asked about mine and said, "assume you're a drifter then?" I was shocked, the guy was easily in his late 50's and he instantly knew that because of the way my car looked that I was into drifting. I said yes and he talked about his car for a while. I was in awe at how much this guy knew, the stories he had to share we're incredible!

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859137105_7252705d33_z

After a while I asked if I could take a couple pictures of it, seeing as I always carry my camera in my car just incase I see something interesting. He accepted and stood back. I snapped a few pictures of it and showed him them, he seemed to like them. Then he asked if I've ever driven one of them, replied no and told me to get in. I just stood there as he put the keys in my hand, he got in with me and told me to start it up. The bucket seats we're easily the best car seats I've sat in, they hugged you're body in a way that wasn't tight or uncomfortable, the were just right. I started it up and the engine burbled into life, ahhh it sounded good! I pulled it out of the car park and headed down the street towards the main road, the steering was so light and the gearbox was nice and smooth. I didn't take it far, just upto the next junction and turned it round in a car park.

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859137865_7620305270_z

I was surprised how cool this guy was, I was driving his brand new Mustang and he was as chilled as anything. Just sat there with his arm leaning out the window. As we pulled back into the staff car park, he told me to boot it. Just following orders, I planted my foot down and the back came straight out. Flicked it around a bit and then parked it back up. The engine, my god, was so revvy and lively for a big V8. With it's 444hp this thing slid like a champ, the suspension was a delight too. Even under the stress of drifting it still rode smooth and didn't throw me around too much. There was a bit of body roll, but that's to be expected. Plus the thing was a smoke machine, I only did some small 2nd gear skids and it smoked the car park out nicely.

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859289224_82e68cde66_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859181326_0e9435732b_z

We got out and shook hands, he jokingly told me to get back to work and that he'd see me soon. I was beaming with joy, couldn't believe that just happend. I drifted the boss's Boss in our own car park. That's it now, I want one. Would go for a less brash colour but I definately want one!

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859289534_4785b78166_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10859289934_c41d1309a4_z
Back to top Go down
loader98
Shop Floor Sweeper
loader98

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 pm

You gonna be drifting later?
Back to top Go down
Wolfling
Motor Maestro
Wolfling

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Great read!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:21 am

Thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:28 am

Some good news, I won a competition set up by BBK! I had to write in an e-mail why I though I should win a set of their brand new headers and a catted x-pipe. After a week of waiting I got the e-mail letting me know I won. So I sent them my car details and the parts came in on Thursday. I didn't get any mufflers though so got in touch with a welding friend of mine and gave him the x-pipe to measure up from. Came to Saturday and he came down the garage to help me fit up my new exhaust system. Took a while with the headers and the x-pipe. We left the mufflers until today and finished it all up this morning. On first start it was 10x louder! Took it for a quick test, makes a wonderful noise now!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Thought I'd put up another update since the Xbox One and FM5 dropped today. I, unfortunately, don't have one. But I am sure as hell getting one! So, to keep you busy for a few minutes I'll leave you with what happened at the garage today and a quick update of the Tandem Inc 240sx.

I had the day off work today, something to do with testing alarms or something. They needed the warehouse to be clear, whatever. Gave me a chance to work on the 240 some more. The SR is all wired in, even runs fine. Haven't driven it yet, isn't in permanantly yet. Need to take it out, strip it and send the block off to be bored out to 2.2L! Then need a few other pieces, should be running for mid January. Anyway, I got a little bit done. Then an old friend of mine popped down to use my ramp. He rang earlier in the week, said he'd be down late this week. Sure enough, Friday afternoon he turns up.

His car is a cracking bit of kit! A Toyota Altezza running a 2JZ with a HKS single turbo, with a V160 gearbox. The box alone cost's more than our 240. It's used in Formula Drift Pro Am, so it's been stripped and caged. He wanted to check out a couple things before he stores it, a couple hours later we were having a smoke outside the garage and noticed the car park was empty. Like, completely empty. We got the car off and outside. He did a couple laps, my god this thing sounds incredible!

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10998653204_e559ec6234_z

After a couple laps he let me have a go. Seems lately I'm driving other peoples cars more than my own. We set up a little course with some cones. The car handles so nice! Just so planted, and can move pretty sharpish with it's 450hp on tap. Sitting in second just banging off the limiter felt so nice, could have done it all day. And so could the car. It was a hot day too, but the car showed no sign of weakness. Kept going strong for about an hour. We killed off some sets of tires we found lying around the shop. What an afternoon! He loaded the car up and left, I now need a 2JZ in my life.

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 10998711863_d23671d2a4_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Not really much to update on, I've sent the SR20 off to a dude who can do his magic with it. When it returns in a couple of weeks it shall be SR22. Aiming to have this car built and ready by the end of January.

It's also booked into to have a cage welded in on the 16th December, so we will begin stripping the chassis next week. Happy days!
Back to top Go down
loader98
Shop Floor Sweeper
loader98

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:42 am

Could I be in your story?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Got the motor back earlier than expected, due to a deal falling through on his end he had more time to work on my motor. Got it done and shipped back in no time at all. Can't put it in the car unfortunately as it still needs to be stripped for a cage. Got more details on that too. I haven't yet begun to strip it, other things got in the way.

As for the cage, it's going to be a completely custom FD legal cage. Now we aren't aiming for FD or anything like that, but you never know what the future holds. And, let's face it, will give us more confidence driving it knowing it's a quality job and will actually help us if the worst happens and we crash.

So, that's it for now. Better get to work tearing it apart now. Time is flying by!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Been buying parts for the 240 tonight, bought a set of coilovers and a brand new set of Wedsport TC105's in gold. Going to look good with the new paint that will be on soon. Got it booked in shortly after the cage is done. All is still ok for the cage, so as it goes in Monday it should be done by Wednesday/Thursday and will be painted on the Friday. Happy days.

Bought a fake Origin bodykit too, didn't go for the real one as it's only going to be smashed up anyway.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Great news, the car is stripped and loaded up on the trailer. I've left the dashboard in for them to work the cage around it. They say it should be done for Thursday, as they do a lot of 240 cages so have a few designs already made out. Just a case of welding it in. I'm going to be picking up a gearbox soon too, not sure what though. I was thinking RB25.

Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Cars definitly coming along nicely man! I'm probably going to add some goodies to my coupe  Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:35 am

Hell yeah! About time that car got some loving. Hahah.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Yeah tell me about it! She's been lonely these past few months..now that it's offseason I can tear her apart and not worry about not being able to slide her the next weekend..I think I've got a few things planned....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 pm

For sure mate! Smile

Now then, yesterday I took delivery of a new car. Just something I could daily and have a little fun in. I got it super cheap and it came with a few goodies. No way around it, it's a Miata.. In my defence, it's colour is really nice and it came slammed on some coilovers. In an attempt to make it less gay I bought some cheap wheels and welded the diff so I could atleast slide it. It's still pretty gay though. It's also slow as shit. I don't want to spend money on it at all but I may have to, going from the V8 to a small 4 cylinder isn't the nicest feeling. I have to man foot it everywhere to make it move even slightly. I'll have a picture soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 am

Here's the new fanny wagon.

Tandem Inc. - Page 11 11384226164_17cd4e3f77_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 11 11384188946_65855c39e0_z
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:01 pm

So, I was going through my FM4 stuff on MnM, and found out not only did I completely forget about 2 cars that I bought and never added to the OP, I also found these in the spare parts bin:

Miata Race Intercooler
Miata Race Trans
Miata Sport Clutch

Now, if you'd like them, they're going to cost you. I'm going to need the massive sum total of $10 dollars! If you cannot afford this, I could possibly consider payments.

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Oh man, 10 whole bucks. I'm gonna have a tough time telling the family that daddy can't afford food for a month. But I can't turn down parts like these. I'll take them.

Gonna be a cold Christmas in the Cougar household this year.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Heat is overrated anyway! lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:29 pm

It sure is, thanks for the parts dude!! Appriciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 pm

For sure bro. They'd have just wasted away, I'd rather they get used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next