HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Nice read bro! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 pm

The Mustang will be getting a change of colour soon, read more about it in my update tomorrow. Wink
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:05 pm

I bought a Mooooostang last night. I got Impulse's Foxbody Cobra R for 7k, lol. We might have to get the stangs together and let them run.

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Nice price buddy!
We definitely should!
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Lead Mechanic
Fadam

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 pm

I got to come drift with you sometime, Cougar!
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Shit. These stories are getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Fadam wrote:
I got to come drift with you sometime, Cougar!

Will be on tomorrow man, if you're around?
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Lead Mechanic
Fadam

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Yea I should be around in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Le Stang:

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9374594528_08ed491cfa_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Looks awesome mate!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Thursday

After talking with Andy and getting the workspace/garage sorted out I asked a neighbour to lend a hand with mving some stuff over there. He had a van so could move more than me, I offered to pay him for his help and he accepted. We loaded my spare KA engine in there along with my suspension parts, he also had a trailer that we put the 240 on. I have some news on the 240, but I'll come to that later. We had everything loaded up and ready to go, he follwed me to the garage. It's only a 20 minute drive there depending on traffic, I had the day off work so we went about dinner time. I opened the garage door and he reversed the truck in, I saw Andy had already been as there was tools out around the ramp. Once we had everything off the van he left and I parked the 240 in a corner away from everything and loaded the suspension stuff in the boot. Then I got an engine crane and put the KA onto a wooden pallet and stuck it infront of the 240. That's just waiting for some work now. I left the garage and as I was heading home I saw a familiar S13 in the traffic, sure enough it was Andy. I moved my way through traffic and stopped behind him, I gave the engine a little rev and saw him look in his mirror. We pulled into a car park and decided to get some food.

Now, about the 240. The plan was to drift it as long as possible on the stock motor and then turbo my spare one. That needed money though, and I was hoping the 240 would hold out longer than it did. I got in it on Tuesday and heard something I didn't want to, that distinct knocking.. I couldn't believe it. I just parked it and left it, no immediate plans yet so it's just gonna sit around for the time being. Great, more time to focus on the Mustang.

Friday

I have the Mustang booked in for a re-spray on Sunday, awesome news! I was growing tired of the silver. Anyways, me and Andy are heading out to a local event since nothing is on at Sonoma this weekend. It's only a parking lot event, but it's seat time nonetheless! Plus these types of events are always massive fun. The event is Saturday. I finished my usual half day at work and got back to prep the Mustang. I took it to the garage that my friend told me about, mainly because we don't have an alignment machine. I wanted more camber on the front, I got there and he sorted it for me. Now running -4.2 in the fronts. It's not doing my tyres any good, but who cares. I got back and cleaned the car and made sure everything was ok for tomorrow.

Saturday

Today is the day, I woke up nice and early and went out to meet Andy at our lockup. He had a few final things to do on the S13. The plan was to use the 240 today and give the Mustang a break, but since the engine is broken I have no choice. Plus a stock KA on stock springs sounded like hard work. We set off and found other cars heading to the same place, we convoyed our way there, picking up other cars on our way. About 6 of us all arrived at the car park. It had been closed off, we paid our entry and went and parked up and waited for people to arrive.

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9378014210_a8e3bc68b7_z

We were speaking to the event organisers and were given a brief run down of what was going to happen, we had to keep it safe as there was a main road right infront of the car park. Plus we had to watch for people wandering onto the track, as it's a car park people tend to just turn up to see what we are doing here. Passenger rides were available to those who want to do them, I agreed. I don't mind taking people out, fun for them and gives me practice. After another briefing with everyone we were free to go out, me and Andy lined up and waited for the ok to go.

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9378015252_702ef13a7b_z

The marshall gave the thumbs up and we set off. I had no idea of what speed to do so I just went full throttle, handbraked into the first corner and planted my foot. Andy was pretty close to me and we both transitioned into the second corner and completed a run. It was marked out between 3 lamp post's surrounded by tyres so it wouldn't be as bad if we were to hit them. It felt like a good course, nice and open and nothing to crash into if you went too wide. Lined back up and headed back out. We had a few good runs, then I span right infront of Andy. Good job he has a good reflex and he stopped without hitting me. I parked it and watched a few other guys run, a nice variety of cars out on track. V8's, SR's and even V6's out there.

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9378013212_432c2bdaeb_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9378015008_f0ecfc67e6_z

I talked with spectators about drifting and my car, agreed to take someone's kid out for a run. He was only about 9 or 10. Could tell he was hyped, we found a helmet small enough to fit him and we lined back up. Finished the run without spinning which was nice, his parents were grateful. Was nice to be nice. I lined back up with Andy and did a few more runs. It was a scorching hot day, most cars were running with no bumpers or bonnets to keep their cars cool. I had no issue in the Mustang, kept it's cool all day and didn't have any other issues. The extra camber was nice, helped me pull some massive angle. Towards the end of the day tyres were running low, I was down to my last set too and was ready for going home. I finished my last run and parked it once more. Andy followed soon after, he was all out of tyres too. Was one hell of an awesome day, massive fun for everyone! 10 of us all decieded to go for food after the event, we stayed until everyone left and headed to a pizza resteraunt nearby.

I got back home and cleaned the car once again ready for the re-spray tomorrow morning. I peeled the stickers off and went to bed still hyped on today. Can't wait to do it all again!

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9375231213_b4101f0e50_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9375232047_13ccbce83a_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9375233363_be8da235b3_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9378015792_9d4c2c8d9f_z
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 pm

cheers 
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Also just bought a set of BBS RS GT's, 18". I wanted to try some wider tyres on the Mustang, went for 275's on the rear and 255's on the front. They get delivered tomorrow so will be going on after the re-spray.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh snap, it's like Extreme Makeover: MnM Edition, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Hahaha, 60 minute makeover.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Just read the write up...AWESOME!! Haha today sure was another great day to be alive..I could get used to this "Drift every Saturday" thing haha..my wallet doesn't agree Crying or Very sad Oh well, that's what a jobs for right? Right!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah buddy! I can barely afford to live with the Mustang going through tyres the way it does haha, the 240 won't be getting love any time soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, today was the day that the Mustang got a new colour. The shop was only a 10 minute walk from the garage so I dropped it off and went to see if Andy was at the garage. It was about 10am and the door was open and the E36 was parked outside. I forgot he had that car, was so clean! In a deep purple dropped to the floor, it looked awesome. It just got better once he opened the bonnet, a full turbo swap and a straight through exhaust. I asked if he was going to slide it today, to my surprise it was being sold today. I was pretty sad, I've always liked E36's, ah well, hopefully I see it out on track soon enough. We both washed the car he was fiddling under the bonnet.

Having never driven a turbo'd E36 I was itching to get behind the wheel of one. I figured I might as well ask Andy if I could have a quick hoon around the car park in it, was shocked when he threw me the keys. I got in and fired it up, that mechanical sound of the German straight six soon made me melt. I put it in first and floored it, it gained revs so fast! Went into second and spun the car round, it felt nice. A few donuts and burnouts later I pulled back in. Didn't kill the tires too bad, which was good. I didn't stay to see who bought the E36, I went and got some breakfast at a local diner. When I got back Andy and the E36 were both gone, shame, I really liked that E36.

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9385367904_4bedf6ae4d_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9385367968_873bf8e80c_z

Since they were gone I got a beer out of the fridge and sat on the couch, looking at the 240. I decided to do some work whilst I waited for the Mustang to be done. I got the tools out and decided to strip the front of the 240 ready for the engine to be pulled out. Off the bumper came, the fenders and then the bumper support beam. Had about 2 hours left so decided to start stripping the engine. Since I was going to be staying KA the mounts could stay, along with the looms. Got the manifolds off and the radiator, which didn't take long. Decided to call it a day, I couldn't do anything else on my own and didn't have enough time to finish the job. I washed my hands and shut the garage. Found a pub and waited for the call to pick up the Mustang.

Eventually got the call and headed over there. When I got there I could see it in their garage space, it looked awesome! I paid the guy and he said I could wash it as and when but no polishing or waxing for a few weeks. Fair enough. He handed me the keys and I drove it back to the garage to put my new wheels on. Once they were fitted it looked 100x better, so clean!

Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9385367020_6da28d541f_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9385366774_d274e2bc31_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 4 9385366384_5befbd0ecc_z

Also with bigger tyres I thought about more power, perhaps a supercharger..
Don't have the funds for that right now, so it would have to wait. I'm happy with how it turned out though, ready to be beaten up drifting again!

Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Looking nice Coug!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh boy!! Is she down at the shop or at your house?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:51 pm

She's at the shop with me still, I'm cleaning up the stuff from the 240.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Ok...I might have to stop by and take a tool at her
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah man! Just don't touch it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 am

Well I'm already having issues with the wheels, being abit dumb I ordered tyres that are too wide. They fit fine, it's just they grip a hell of a lot! We went out late last night to do a bit of hooning. Me, Andy and Tiger all headed out to local car park, after about 20 minutes of trying the car wasn't having it, it would initaiate fine and then just slow down until it gripped. Not good! Tiger said that he had a set of wheels that were 235's all round and that I could have them if I wanted. We cruised to his house and fitted them up, not my ususal taste in wheels but not going to turn them down for free! The fitted ok so we headed back out. Normal service continued, drifts nice and easy again. I thanked him for the wheels and headed home.

On my way I was thinking of Sonoma, and how I can't really keep up with Andy on that track. And then I thought that I can't really keep up on any track. If i'm in the game I gotta be good at it. I have a pretty big savings account, but that's for when I get a family and a house. Ah to hell with it, I though, I can't take the money with me when I die. I got on the internet and did some research, bought a Whipple supercharger for a massive chunk of change and a new exhaust kit. I opted for the Pypes Long Tube Headers, Borla Stinger and hollowed out cats. Make the car breathe better. A few forums said that I don't really need a front mount inter-cooler for a supercharger. We'll just have to see how that goes. So there it was, a very expensive night! Should be getting delivered Wednesday so gonna take the day off and see if Andy wants to help me install them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Made Not Manufactured :: MnM Main :: The Car Park-
Jump to: