HomeSearchRegisterLog in

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Empty
PostSubject: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 am

Whether it be tall, fat or lean. There is always a huge appeal for particular styles of car. In today's issue I hope to express these different styles and describe there origins. Firstly I wanted to start with a crowd pleaser, and since we are a Grassroots community, lets start with the Grassroots style.

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Car10

The style of Grassroots drifting originated of course in the D1 GP, the worlds second leading drift competition, mainly Japanese orientated. It's a simple usually containing home grown, unknown sponsors sitting at a nice level, cheap roll cage and mainstream BBS rims. This is a bad example, but a true Grassroots in my opinion is the fine line between professional and beater.

Which leads me onto my next style. The beater drift car.

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Car210

I think this first Gen MX5 really fits the bill doesn't it. The beater car, cherished by it's owner, loved by the skirts of the wall. The beater is a car in which you slam around the track, invented when the origins of matsuri's took way across the globe. In my opinion, if it doesn't have a zip tie, it's not a beater. Also I think that a dirty look really brings out the whole, "I don't care" attitude to the car.

Now to a more serious style, and truly my favourite. The Hellaflush.

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Car310

Nothing says Hellaflush like a car with ridiculous negative camber. Oh lordy lord. In this particular case, it looks the 'Cars can drive on water' cheat from San Andreas. The Hellaflush is a show man's style of car, merely a contest of who's car is the most Ballin'. A true Hellaflush will have dish rims and a car lower than Hitler's morals. The bad side to the Hellaflush is that it's on the fine line between wow and Boy Racer. This is purely because of sticker bombs. Now I'm not a particular fan of sticker bombs. I'm pretty sure for the older gentlemen here, they will understand that there children could probably create a sticker bomb.

And on that mere bombshell, I hope I've some how enlightened you on all the different ways in which your car could look banging.

Thanks for reading
Stunner - Founder UberTorque Media

Last edited by AC x Stunner on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:52 am

Awesome write up dude, killing it these past few days bro! Keep it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Nice write up stunna.

On a side note, on the Hellaflush part, I think you meant negative camber not positive, lol.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:14 pm

That's the one. Thank's for the heads up Wink
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Win win! Nice stuff Stunnicus!

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 18495756374_36fae141bc_o
WHIP GAME PROPER
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:41 pm

It's always good stuff man!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Sometimes I come in here to look at that MX5 picture. So awesome!
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:19 pm

It is isn't it. Exclusive scandal story coming to you in the next 48 hours!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #2   UberTorque Articles - Issue #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UberTorque Articles - Issue #2
Page 1 of 1