Scale Plastic Model Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 am

Went there this morning picked up my primer and paints and tape couldn't find sand paper
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am

Ahh ok. Well then yeah that would work I would assume
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:25 am

Wasn't sure on brushes I needed either etc I went of the codes in pics apart from primer I bought light grey

As colours I'm using is
Orange - Supra
Pink - Skyline
Blue - 69 Fairlady Z

Couldn't find Krazy glue they had gorilla so I left that
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 am

Any old brushes will work (as long as their fairly small). The only time you will be needing them is if your painting little details like taillights or maybe interior details. So obviously your going to need some touch up paints..They should sell those at your HS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Ad the Rad
Mechanic
Ad the Rad

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

^ Truth.

Light grey primer will work well with all of those colors. As for glue, good thing you didn't buy the Gorilla glue. It expands into a rock hard foam as it dries. Definitely not the kind of adhesive you need for models, haha.
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am

just looking at the last things I need.

got to order my spray paint, but they don't do that at hobby craft, got to order the xf1 flat black as they didn't have that in stock this morning Sad

its a good job I looked on the thread while in the shop as I would have purchased wrong colour for the tail lights and side lights Sad

so list of things to get,
Knives
Glue
Paint
Sand Paper

any thing else do you recon lads, i'll get pics up tonight which may help you all better ?

Back to top Go down
Ad the Rad
Mechanic
Ad the Rad

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

Seems good to me. Just some small detail brushes and you should be set!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
Mechanic
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh man, i'm gonna have to start this shit once i get some money. I need a hobby that i can actually do and that isn't playing the Xbox Razz
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:53 pm

bumo, anybody got any more progress ?

my supra arrived other day, just waiting for my glue to come and then I can start my progress think im going to start on my Skyline R33 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I started building my R33 messed it up big style broke all the wheels, so I bought a replacement R33 model and have so far got half way through with no mistakes, have all my paint and stuff ready will show some pics soon
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm

How did you manage to break all the wheels?
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 pm

well it says to glue black rubber bits to by the springs part, and I think I used a bit to much glue as when I put the wheels in they gut stuck and the inside bit broke off,

wasn't to fussed as it was my 1st time, so I'm using that to complete and see what it looks like
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:17 am

so I started my Toyota Supra this morning

and I really am glad I got in on this action, its f.ing Amazing Very Happy

not sure if the engine that comes with this is a 2JZ but its amazingly Big, I built the engine and the bottom half this morning before I went to work,

im hoping to get some pictures of my stuff this weekend if I can get a decent camera to take them

just waiting on delivery of my Spray paint
Back to top Go down
The Iron Fox
Shop Floor Sweeper
The Iron Fox

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:44 am

I turned an old GT Supra model kit into an xMods RC car once :3 If anyone remembers those.

I also have a crapton of Space Marines from GW's Warhammer 40k in storage.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah, I used to do xMods. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 pm

spray paint come Smile

sprayed my 2 Skylines R33's
one in pink/purple colour
two orange fast and furious toyouta supra sort of orange
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Admin
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 pm

no pics since page 2.

wtf guys.

[HORIZON]
[HORIZON 3]
[HORIZON 4]
[MOTORSPORT 7]
Back to top Go down
Mosuke
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 am

I've still got my Porsche gt2 Kyosho Mini-Z in a cupboard somewhere
Back to top Go down
Takum1 Fujiwara
Shop Floor Sweeper
Takum1 Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:37 am

i aint got a good enough camera to take pics so will see if I can use my brothers phone to get some pics,

quick question is there a way to remove paint from shell if your not happy with it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scale Plastic Model Thread   Scale Plastic Model Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scale Plastic Model Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6