HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

Posts : 1332
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 25
Location : Texas

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:00 pm

TRKninetyone wrote:
Don't get me wrong, my problem is not with the timezone, that's my own mistake, no hard feelings.
Wouldn't have gotten the car anyways, since I didn't have more than 30k.

But with this system, you'll get a lot of unnecessary bickering.
"I posted at that time!" "On my screen it was in between the boundaries!" etc etc.
Makes the entire bidding system so unpleasant, which to me, is a shame.
Bidding should be about figuring out how much you want to pay for a car, driving up the price,
making sure other people back off because they think you'll bid a lot.
It shouldn't be about how good you are at posting at the exact right moment.
That's bullshit, if I may say so.


Yep.
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Shop Floor Sweeper


Posts : 153
Join date : 2013-07-07

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Cody*

So if this was a problem before why wasn't it fixed then?
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

Posts : 3428
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 45
Location : Yorkville, IL

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Impulse 3 wrote:
TRKninetyone wrote:
Don't get me wrong, my problem is not with the timezone, that's my own mistake, no hard feelings.
Wouldn't have gotten the car anyways, since I didn't have more than 30k.

But with this system, you'll get a lot of unnecessary bickering.
"I posted at that time!" "On my screen it was in between the boundaries!" etc etc.
Makes the entire bidding system so unpleasant, which to me, is a shame.
Bidding should be about figuring out how much you want to pay for a car, driving up the price,
making sure other people back off because they think you'll bid a lot.
It shouldn't be about how good you are at posting at the exact right moment.
That's bullshit, if I may say so.


Yep.

I highly disagree with that. And I'll tell you why. TRK bid pretty early on BMW. I was interested in it, saw the bid and immediately set out a plan to gain money to purchase it. I knew early on with the bids from Cody that it would be a bidding duel. I also know how MnM auctions work. So I waited....as did Cody...and bid before it closed. So you're saying that because a a bidding war is not allowed to happen it's bad. If you bid on something on EBay, when time runs out, it's done. No extra minutes, no nothing. So to me...it's always about posting at the right time. If right before it ended wasn't a right time when was it supposed to be? And who determines that?

_________________
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 18495756374_36fae141bc_o
WHIP GAME PROPER
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

Posts : 3428
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 45
Location : Yorkville, IL

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:18 pm

END Cody wrote:
Cody*

So if this was a problem before why wasn't it fixed then?


Sorry about the misspelled name. I'm unsure of your question.

_________________
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 18495756374_36fae141bc_o
WHIP GAME PROPER
Back to top Go down
Impulse 3
Motor Maestro
Impulse 3

Posts : 1332
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 25
Location : Texas

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Kru Jones wrote:
Impulse 3 wrote:
TRKninetyone wrote:
Don't get me wrong, my problem is not with the timezone, that's my own mistake, no hard feelings.
Wouldn't have gotten the car anyways, since I didn't have more than 30k.

But with this system, you'll get a lot of unnecessary bickering.
"I posted at that time!" "On my screen it was in between the boundaries!" etc etc.
Makes the entire bidding system so unpleasant, which to me, is a shame.
Bidding should be about figuring out how much you want to pay for a car, driving up the price,
making sure other people back off because they think you'll bid a lot.
It shouldn't be about how good you are at posting at the exact right moment.
That's bullshit, if I may say so.


Yep.

I highly disagree with that. And I'll tell you why. TRK bid pretty early on BMW. I was interested in it, saw the bid and immediately set out a plan to gain money to purchase it. I knew early on with the bids from Cody that it would be a bidding duel. I also know how MnM auctions work. So I waited....as did Cody...and bid before it closed. So you're saying that because a a bidding war is not allowed to happen it's bad. If you bid on something on EBay, when time runs out, it's done. No extra minutes, no nothing. So to me...it's always about posting at the right time.  If right before it ended wasn't a right time when was it supposed to be? And who determines that?

Even if you try and snipe something on any video game with an auction house, time gets added. If you have ever played Madden Ultimate Team and you see a player you want, you bid on a card that has 5 seconds left, 20 seconds gets added. This goes until the auction ends. The same thing goes for a Forza auction, a FIFA auction, a MyTeam auction on NBA 2K, and so on. If you don't want a bidding war to happen, stop putting up auctions and just put up the car for sale as you do in the used car lot thread. That's basically what happened here.
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Shop Floor Sweeper


Posts : 153
Join date : 2013-07-07

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:11 pm

So like do we both get one or?
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

Posts : 2138
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 22
Location : Ukiah California

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:44 pm

I still think my Auction rule should be implemented in that I brought up a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SBArsyee
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

Posts : 3428
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 45
Location : Yorkville, IL

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:45 pm

END Cody wrote:
So like do we both get one or?

Bro...you still wouldnt have enough at end of time. You cashed in your garage on your garage thread but it's not in the correct post to be approved. C'mon man..you've been around and know how you're supposed to do things.

_________________
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 18495756374_36fae141bc_o
WHIP GAME PROPER
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

Posts : 2138
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 22
Location : Ukiah California

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Kru Won.

We've had a lot of this issue with last minute bids, and until either my idea I wanted to add in gets added it will stay this way..

their will always be more cars my dudes
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SBArsyee
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

Posts : 2717
Join date : 2013-05-03

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Damn y'all, this is so silly. There is no reason to get this heated. This isn't like auctions on video games where the system can keep adding time. Think of this like eBay. There is a set time, and when it ends, it ends. There was plenty of notice when this one ended. Kru won it by being a better sniper than Cody. Even if we added a "cool down" hour, someone could snipe at the end of that, and we've accomplished a grand total of nothing. You can't please everyone, and this is the way that irks the least, lol. From now on if you want a car, bid before the deadline.

@Cody: you didn't place your garage turn-in in the correct thread, located HERE. Go there, and follow the instructions in the original post.
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

Posts : 2138
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 22
Location : Ukiah California

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 7:05 pm

I wanted to add a system in like Forza, if a bid is up, it adds 5 minutes to bid again, and if no bid is done before 5 minutes of the last bid... then thats their car.

Didn't seem to get much love when I brought it up about a month ago, so it was kept as is.
I'll be getting more auctions up right now for you guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SBArsyee
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

Posts : 3428
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 45
Location : Yorkville, IL

(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Impulse 3 wrote:
Kru Jones wrote:
Impulse 3 wrote:
TRKninetyone wrote:
Don't get me wrong, my problem is not with the timezone, that's my own mistake, no hard feelings.
Wouldn't have gotten the car anyways, since I didn't have more than 30k.

But with this system, you'll get a lot of unnecessary bickering.
"I posted at that time!" "On my screen it was in between the boundaries!" etc etc.
Makes the entire bidding system so unpleasant, which to me, is a shame.
Bidding should be about figuring out how much you want to pay for a car, driving up the price,
making sure other people back off because they think you'll bid a lot.
It shouldn't be about how good you are at posting at the exact right moment.
That's bullshit, if I may say so.


Yep.

I highly disagree with that. And I'll tell you why. TRK bid pretty early on BMW. I was interested in it, saw the bid and immediately set out a plan to gain money to purchase it. I knew early on with the bids from Cody that it would be a bidding duel. I also know how MnM auctions work. So I waited....as did Cody...and bid before it closed. So you're saying that because a a bidding war is not allowed to happen it's bad. If you bid on something on EBay, when time runs out, it's done. No extra minutes, no nothing. So to me...it's always about posting at the right time.  If right before it ended wasn't a right time when was it supposed to be? And who determines that?

Even if you try and snipe something on any video game with an auction house, time gets added. If you have ever played Madden Ultimate Team and you see a player you want, you bid on a card that has 5 seconds left, 20 seconds gets added. This goes until the auction ends. The same thing goes for a Forza auction, a FIFA auction, a MyTeam auction on NBA 2K, and so on. If you don't want a bidding war to happen, stop putting up auctions and just put up the car for sale as you do in the used car lot thread. That's basically what happened here.


In the 11 pages of auctions I can only remember less than 3 times a bidding war came down to the last minute. In 11 pages..at no point was time ever added to bid unless there was no interest in the entire thing. Now I here what you're saying about how those auctions work but that hasn't been implemented here at any point to my knowledge. And with the few skirmishes that do happen I wouldn't call for a rule change.  I'd guess out of let's say 500 auctions 3 had an issue on the time and the last one (about a week ago) was already decided. Yet there wasn't no dispute over that.  You're not even bidding yet you sure are invested in this conversation. Weren't you running the auctions at one time with the same rules? You're trying to come at me about an end time issue but under your control you were willing to let a guy lose his bid and extend it just because you didn't want the car to be sold cheaply.
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Img_5430

And when told the rules there wasn't no debate. I've never had an issue with you at any time but what your on about right now is tripping me clean the f*ck out.

We are in a discussion over an end time to an auction. One in which you want to have keep going AFTER the end time so the every one can "fairly" bid.

Basic facts:

TRK was outbid regardless of time
END Coty didn't have a garage or enough cash to even post his counter bid of $31,000
An issue was resolved like this in the LAST set of auctions with the same outcome

_________________
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 18495756374_36fae141bc_o
WHIP GAME PROPER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3   (FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
(FH3) 2008 BMW E92 M3
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Top 10 toys for 2008
» Hasbro's 2.5 foot millenium Falcon
» Target toy Sale 23rd July
» Melbourne Armageddon Expo
» AT TE WALKER - for the star wars fans - DONT pay $250 when you can pay....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Made Not Manufactured :: MnM Main :: MnM Boneyard-
Jump to: