BANK STATEMENT

Spoiler:

Free Sport Part - Facebook 'Import or Muscle' post

Last edited by Cougar on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 am

I'm not really sure where to begin..

I used to be a massive petrol head, perhaps used to be is the wrong term as I guess it's never something that we grow out of. Just life gets in the way and priorities change, time becomes taken up by unrelated things and your hobbies must take a back seat for a while. It was always there though, the need to go fast and spend too much money on a car.

The last time I owned something I actually liked was when I was back in Colorado! I had a great time there that's for sure, from building an 800hp Supra to taking a 240Z and completely transforming it into something my own. Unfortunately business there died I was forced to move back to the UK where I am originally from. I worked a bit there but quickly found myself pining for another adventure. A few business moves and bank loans later I found myself on a one way flight to Australia.

Australia has always been one of the places I wanted to live for quite a while now! And this feels like the perfect opportunity to do so. I have myself a job set up here and am currently house sharing with two other people to spread the cost of living. Atleast until I have enough income coming in to be able to live on my own.

I have been here for a few months now and have a bit of money saved up to buy myself a half decent car, I had so many options and I was 50/50 between the yellowest 370Z I have ever seen or a Mitsubishi Evo 9.. I have never really played with AWD as my roots have always been RWD. After much consideration and pondering and forum searches I couldn't stray from the thing I know best. A few days later I was picking up my 2010 Nissan 370Z! And I couldn't be happier with it.

Last edited by Cougar on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 am

Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

I wasn't expecting as much choice as I had. Turns out I can buy a lot of car with the savings I had, I had so much choice! I was looking at Evo's, WRX's, high spec Golf R's, Focus RS's.. The list could literally go on!

I guess I should explain the reasoning behind the 370Z. I had zero intention of buying another Nissan, I've been in the Nissan game for a long time. They usually all get drifted, crashed, stripped and rebuilt into another chassis. I think this is the most modern car I've ever owned. It makes a nice change to be comfortable and have a bit of grunt behind me.

I went looking at an Evo 9 from a JDM imports garage in the next town to me and I saw this for the first time! I was genuinely in love at first sight. I always knew of the 370's, ofcourse I have, just when I was in the drifting game these were farrrr too expensive to be skidding about into walls and other cars. Only people with bank and sponsors got to play in these. Turns out they're pretty affordable cars now. So after much consideration I was back, with my bank account looking massively drained and a huge smile on my face!

Plans for now are to just use it as a daily and the odd track day/meet up. I don't have many ideas in which direction to go with it as of yet, it does need to be faster though that's for sure!! 3 things first on the list are coilovers, an exhaust of some kind and an ECU flash, and a nice set of shiny new wheels. Other than that there's not much else I 'want' right away, things will happen in due time though.

Ohhh, I also did a little skid and I can feel that bug coming back.. Maybe a second car is needed on the driveway soon.

Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 pm

I got a lot done to the Z today, started by giving it a clean and headed down to a garage with a boot full of goodies! The garage I went to has a dyno and mapping facilities so I chose them to get my exhaust fitted and ECU flashed. I went with an Armytrix system with a race Y-Pipe, Mid Pipe, Dual chrome tips and a nice little feature that lets me electronically control valves inside the exhaust to different levels of volume.. And ofcourse I have it as loud as possible.

More detail to come tomorrow, for now here's a teaser.

Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 pm

So clean bud. I might have to dust off the IROC and take it out for a spin myself Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 am

Falken HD wrote:
So clean bud. I might have to dust off the IROC and take it out for a spin myself Twisted Evil

It isss, I love it haha! And that sounds like a plan! No doubt see you out and about
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:09 pm

A little about what I had done to the Z.

I have been in touch with a few garages around the area and landed with a garage that consists of 4 guys that mainly deal with Japanese imports. They have a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to these cars and after speaking with them I feel I can trust them to work on my car, I would usually do most of the work myself but I have very limited space right now so I have no choice right now. They are pretty affordable to be fair though!

I turned up in the morning and hung around for a bit whilst they got the exhaust I ordered ready to fit. When I arrived there was a brand new Nissan GT-R in their parking lot, couldn't help but take some pictures of it!

It's such an amazing car! Just the amount of technology that is in it and what it is capable of is insane! It is definitely one of my favorite cars and who knows, maybe they'll take me for a ride in it one day haha!

Both Nissan V6's just chilling, haha! Only the GTR's is capable of so much more!

F A C E O F F

They had managed to fit the exhaust, map it so it fuels correctly and even fitted a K&N cone filter to make it breath better. Very very pleased with the outcome! Sounds 100x better, first thing to do was find the nearest tunnel and nail it through! Smiles all round!

They also had some black wrap that they were testing out, and ofcourse I volunteered to have some bits on mine wrapped up haha! Check back tomorrow to see the outcome of that.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 pm

I have only had the exhaust on a day and I've managed to rack up 160 miles and burn through so much fuel! Haven't been changing gear until the very end of the gear to get all of that wonderful V6 noise! Honestly cannot get enough of it haha!

I mentioned that the garage I have been at recently had some wrap that they wanted testing. I ofcourse obliged and had my rear diffuser, front splitter and roof done in black. Love how it breaks apart the yellow a bit!

Also have something else on there now..
Back to top Go down
718_Sliick
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 pm

That Z tho bounce

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 am

She's pretty ain't she haha!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:32 am

My 'Z' is ready to play Cool

Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

You know how it is Cool

I'll get an update on the Z tonight too.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Haven't really been making much progress with the 370 recently, just been enjoying blasting it around and not having a car that breaks down every 50 miles. Or an engine that needs pulling from the car every weekend. Still need to scratch that itch that drifting has left, big plans on that so stay tuned haha!

I have ordered a few goodies for the Z over the last week, a set of BC Racing coilovers and a full Nismo kit has been delivered today. I'll get the springs on today but as for the kit I'm waiting on something else first. If all goes to plan the Z may not be rocking the yellow for much longer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix   

Back to top Go down

TI Cougar's Garage - VeeSix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1