Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TI Cougar - Track Built

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

TI Cougar - Track Built  Empty
PostSubject: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 pm

2004 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Build:

[/size]

Infiniti G35

Build Sheet for G35:

1994 Nissan S14

Build Sheet for LS14:

Spare Parts:

Last edited by Cougar on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:28 am; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 pm

BANK STATEMENT

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cougar on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 am; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Here I find myself, grown up a bit. I've moved on from dodgy built cars for now, looking for something I can build and dedicate time to and have something that will drift reliably.
What goes on here and what is built will be 100% track orientated. Will be nice to have something I can drive hard and not have to worry about crashing and being left without transport.

Everything I build in here will be driven to its absolute limit, no doubt about that. Whether it be a track day, in competitions or just seat time. Will be trying to attend every event I can.

Already have something in mind, just waiting for the right deal to come along.
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 am

Dude.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 2:38 pm

TRKninetyone wrote:
Dude.

Bro.

Your pic is fireeee.
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 am

Well, I've been working out.
Will see you on the track BOI!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:43 pm

I have finally landed on a car choice! After a week of looking at cars and weighing up options/affordability I have taken the plunge and bought myself a lovely E36. Got it for quite a steal too! It's a genuine M3 with a low mileage S50 inline 6. No engine problems at all, the only problem I can see is slight rust in the arches. I'll be going bolt on arches anyway so that'll soon be cut out.

Have a few plans for this car, it's a shame to take apart such a nice car. But it will be so worth it in the end! Trust me.

TI Cougar - Track Built  37279306150_e7bdf8a069_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:13 am

Before anything with build can happen I had to get in touch with a friend and get us on a track. And just that I did.
I called up my good friend, Andy, and he brought his LS3 Starion. Thing is an animal!

We spent most of the day ripping it, banging doors and having a great time! Plus it gave me a chance to get to grips with how the E36 felt sideways, wobbly is the answer to that.. I mean, look at that body roll!

TI Cougar - Track Built  37537907442_009bdbebe4_z

Was worried about dirt dropping it and flipping the thing haha!

TI Cougar - Track Built  37569990501_eb58a9059c_z

Was good to be on track and driving a car that I didn't have to worry about writing off.

I have decided the first thing I need to buy is coilovers, ARB's and to remove the weight from it. I have also found a sweet deal on an LS3 which I think I'm gonna buy and eventually drop into the E36. Gonna need some fab work doing to the engine bay and transmission tunnel before that goes in.

Cage and racing seats is also on the cards.. But all in good time!

TI Cougar - Track Built  37537907902_02526ebc08_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:53 pm

After flinging the E36 around on track for a full day the motor seemed completely fine with its day of abuse. No overheating, knocking or strange noises. First time for everything haha!

That night me and Andy got our cars back to the garage and I immediately got the E36 in the air and started to fit the BC Racing coilovers that had arrived along with a H&R front ARB. It's a non adjustable one for now. Just to keep the car from rolling around on the track.

Changing coilovers has become second nature now I've done it that many times, I adjusted them to the lowest setting and we'll work from there. To make it a bit more 'drifty' I put some stickers I had lying around down the bonnet, that's JDM right?

Was dark by the time we finished fettling with the cars so we snapped some quick pictures and left them.

TI Cougar - Track Built  37338734950_a03ff7baac_z
TI Cougar - Track Built  36886818084_794771f825_z
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Teach me how to drift? I completely lost it after Forza 4..
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Looks awesome bud, love how its coming out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

Falken HD wrote:
Looks awesome bud, love how its coming out.

Thanks man! Wait until you pop down and see it on its new wheels! Bruhhhh.

TRKninetyone wrote:
Teach me how to drift? I completely lost it after Forza 4..

I shall, if you teach me to grip race.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 5:17 pm

The rims I ordered came in the post this morning, didn't take long to throw some tires on there and get them on.

Also found an issue, with the car being so low there is quite a lot of rubbing in the arches. It's mainly in the fronts, also the wheel clips the fender full lock so I cut a bit off the front fender, real JDM now haha!

In love with the wheels, cant wait to ruin them drifting!

TI Cougar - Track Built  37623582321_d9d951de5c_z
TI Cougar - Track Built  37623582691_277129e2af_z
Back to top Go down
The Real Milton
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Looks tidy !
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 pm

The Real Milton wrote:
Looks tidy !

Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 8:51 am

I got invited to a track day the in the week, having never really driven in a time attack fashion I was a bit skeptical of it. I went anyway and actually had a really good time!! My M3 was quite underpowered compared to the cars that had turned up but I wasn't put off at all, they welcomed me and gave me pointers on braking and turning in, think I ended up with around a 2 minute lap time which I was happy with.

The E36 didn't let me down at all! The motor took all the abuse, I think I may have ruined my brakes though.. I'll look at ordering some better ones over the next few days.
Doing the track day gave me an idea, seeing as I want to still V8 swap the E36 and drift it I was thinking of buying a second car, something I can dedicate to racing and learn with it.

Car ideas are just floating around right now, not ready to pull the trigger on a definite car. So many more options with a grip car. Don't know if I want to go AWD Evo/WRX or get a FWD Civic or something. Who knows, time will tell I'm sure!

TI Cougar - Track Built  36912887834_e45d60d9bf_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 2:05 pm

I had a sudden brain wave last night, I'm looking to try track racing as a new thing to do. I know of regular events that are local and if needs be I can always travel out. So rather than potentially spending thousands on an S2000 (which was my original plan) and crashing it why not go with something that I know. Something I have knowledge on if I need to fix anything mechanical. Sooo... I went out and bought this!

TI Cougar - Track Built  37067891753_b0970072c2_z

It's such a clean car too! Not a spot of rust anywhere at all, it's a shame I'm going to be tearing it apart later on tonight.

Plans right now are get it on jack stands and pull the motor and strip the interior down ready for a cage. Andy will be helping me throughout this build and also I've been in contact with a garage to help with upgrade selections/car tuning. Hopefully all goes to plan and I can bring this out to play soon!

As for the yellow E36, that will still get built. Still going the V8 route, just being put on hold for now. I need at least one running car haha!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Day one of the E36 track build.

Me and Andy started late on and worked well into the night, got the car stripped of all parts not needed/getting replaced. Ran a compression test on the motor before ripping that out, all showed signs of a strong engine so original plan can go ahead. Going to be turboing the the S50, aiming for 400/450bhp or within that region. Shouldn't take too much effort to push those numbers.

Engine got pulled and mounted on a stand so it's nice and easy to work in. Interior is stripped of everything now, wiring, dash and sound deadening. It is being collected tomorrow morning and being returned the following day or two with a full custom roll cage, door bars and everything.

Ordered a few parts that should be here for when the car returns, including suspension, roll bars and carbon hood.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

So.. A lot has happened to the track E36 since the other day. The car came back fully caged pretty much the day after, happy days! Also found a manufacturer that supplies everything for a turbo conversion. So I'm running a Garret GT35R turbo, K&N filter and a custom fabbed race system exhaust, front mount intercooler and a separate oil cooler. Running at about 450bhp, will get a final number when it's mapped and dyno'd.
Back to top Go down
The Real Milton
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am

ive now got myself a skidder car too. hopefully we can meet on track soon
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:32 pm

The Porsche and I are hitting up Silverstone today again. You up to join? There's going to be all kinds of different cars on the track.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 3:09 pm

The Real Milton wrote:
ive now got myself a skidder car too. hopefully we can meet on track soon

Sounds good man!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 am

Over a year since I last posted. Doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything! Well, actually that's a lie. I haven't really done much since.

Both E36's have been sitting collecting quite a lot of dust in the workshop. Going to make time over the next couple of weeks and assess the cars and probably list them for sale.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 am

Found some spare time to go down to mine and Andy's old workshop the other day to assess the E36's I had stored. Was like taking a trip down memory lane when I opened up that shutter. Old tyres what have been shredded were stacked up against the back wall, Andy's old LS3 Starion was under a cover next to my E36. Takes me back to our early days when we would rip on our old S13's, S14's and 240's. Between us we've had our fair share of drifters! The reason I'm back though is to follow another sport, time attack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TI Cougar - Track Built    TI Cougar - Track Built  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TI Cougar - Track Built
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next