Share | 

Romoto's Garage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Romoto's Garage   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

| W E L C O M E |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 9 6 5    |    M u s t a n g

| Build Introduction |

October 5th, 2018
After exploring every inch of the outback it was time to follow the festival to the home of many seasons and wonderful roads.  The first thing any festival racer should do when arriving is of course get themselves a sweet set of wheels.  After scanning the marketplace for some time nothing was appealing, just your usual 240s, civics, and other typical daily racers. In fact I was ready to pull the trigger on a decent S2000 that I came across until this beautiful 1965 Mustang popped up. It had 2 previous owners and the last one restored it to its natural glory.  With low miles and a new engine I had to pick it up!

Starting off with a few simple mods to get it up to the modern car standards but this thing will be a street killer one day!

| Build Updates |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 13th, 2018
After spending a few seasons of casually cruising with the Mustang I simply got sort of bored with it so I figured it was time to change things up a bit. Since the winter season has arrived and the car is in storage I figured it would be a good time to get moving on a few mods.  I went with the quickest and easiest way to get some real power gains, forced induction of course!  Along with that fat turbo I plan on throwing on some lighter wheels and better tires to get that power down to the pavement.  I'm very excited to see what this thing will do now considering how light weight it is!  We should have everything installed and tuned within a week or so!

October 16th, 2018
Still a bitter cold winter but I could not wait any longer so after I got the call that the car was ready I had to take it out for a quick spin!  Took a cruise down the countryside out to Broadway to show a buddy what the car turned out like.  Instead of a single turbo I went with a twin turbo system and added a few supporting mods along with a new set of wheels.  Before we replanted the engine I had it sanded and painted a metal flake silver to give it a unique look.  The trans also had to be swapped to a stronger 6-speed so I didn't have any surprises down the road on full boost.  

The car is now pushing 473 HP with a matching 473 FT-LB of torque, which I thought was pretty cool!  Weighing just above 2,200lbs this thing's power to weight ratio is just nuts.  I can barely get it to hook up!  The next step is a few more supporting mods like a better intake system and exhaust so it can breath a little bit better. Eventually I do need a better set of tires so it hooks up easier but we'll see what it can really do when the temps warm up, I think a trip to the drag strip will soon be in order!

Build Sheet for 1965 Mustang GT:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ItsRomoto on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:02 am; edited 31 times in total
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

BANK STATEMENT
Current Balance: $4,650

-----------------------------------------
October:

November:

December:

January:

Last edited by ItsRomoto on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:34 pm; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:49 pm

|----------- Spare Parts Storage -----------|
----------------------------------------------------------------
[ Engine Upgrades ]
N/A
---------------------------------------

[ Suspension Upgrades ]
N/A

[ Drivetrain Upgrades ]
N/A

[ Wheels/Tires Upgrades ]
N/A

[ Engine Swaps ]
N/A

Last edited by ItsRomoto on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:26 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Reserved Spot

Back to top Go down
xCombatPOGx
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Dude, your Mustang and my 370Z would be a great race. I have 10 more HP and best grip off the line due to the 275 rears, but you are a 1,000 lbs less then me. Would love to see what they can do.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Nice stang. I had a really hard time not getting a muscle car....then i ended up with an ls swapped subaru .. Lol

I test drove a stock cobra r the other day, it was sooo nice.
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 pm

xCombatPOGx wrote:
Dude, your Mustang and my 370Z would be a great race. I have 10 more HP and best grip off the line due to the 275 rears, but you are a 1,000 lbs less then me. Would love to see what they can do.

Ooooooo that would probably be very very close!!
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:34 pm

ratR0 wrote:
Nice stang. I had a really hard time not getting a muscle car....then i ended up with an ls swapped subaru .. Lol

I test drove a stock cobra r the other day, it was sooo nice.

LOL! You have the best of both worlds now!

That Cobra had to be nasty!!
Back to top Go down
ItsRomoto
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 am

Build updated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romoto's Garage   

Back to top Go down

Romoto's Garage
Page 1 of 1