The Real Milton
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 am

Interesting choice of car, its awesome
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Still sort of wondering if i should have bought the e34 M5 i was looking at, but this ones gonna be pretty fun with a few more tweaks.

Its got that maximum 90s sedan feel. Will have to do since i could not find a single laurel, cefiro, cressida, or any skyline sedans in england. Anywhere.
Back to top Go down
The Real Milton
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:22 am

ratR0 wrote:
Still sort of wondering if i should have bought the e34 M5 i was looking at, but this ones gonna be pretty fun with a few more tweaks.

Its got that maximum 90s sedan feel. Will have to do since i could not find a single laurel, cefiro, cressida, or any skyline sedans in england. Anywhere.

I lucked out and managed to score an clean imported R32. Im gutted that mitshibisha are not aloud to be sold in the UK. the gallant looks very similar to cressida too.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Hey MnM fam. Its been a few years since I checked in here. Work sort of got in the way...While I was living in Colorado (FH1) I landed a job with Ding-a-Ling Phone Company. There was a lot of global travel involved with getting new data centers up and running and expanding our fiber network. The pay has been nice, and cant complain about getting to see so many places on the company dime.

While all the traveling was great, it wears on you. And then we had a kid, so that made it even harder to not have a steady routine. We needed a place where we could settle in for a few years. Some things have been in the works for a while, and are now finally falling into place, and my family and I have decided to settle down in Britain.

(Arent they lovely?)

I still have a few of my cars in storage back in Colorado, but its going to be a few months to get them shipped over here. For the time being I decided I had a budget of $30k max to spend on a car. I did look at an E34 M5. Man thats a nice car, its so...european. Something told me I should keep looking though.

The next day while I was at the "market" (I hear that's what they call the grocery stores here) I saw a classified magazine for cars. I mean that's kind of funny. I probably haven't seen one of those in about 20 years. Doesn't everyone shop on the internet anymore? It was free so what the hell.

I sat in my work truck flipping through it while having some coffee, I saw an ad for a Subaru Legacy RS. "Must See, V8, Runs Great. $29k"  Ok. Thats kind of a rare car. Kind of a shitbox compared to an M5 I would think and its probably got some garbage V8 in it installed by a goat. I threw the ad in the backseat and pulled out to head to work.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 pm

I don't know why but I kept thinking about that ad all day. Mostly laughing about it. But partly curious. No. Nooo. Something like this would be a terrible waste of resources. AKA my entire budget for a vehicle. I should really buy something more within my means and then I texted the seller.

Great. I'm about 5 minutes away from his house.

So before he even let me look the car over, he said "lets take a drive"

Well for one thing, the car runs like a raped ape. Its put together well, the outside is completely stock so its an absolute sleeper. Interior is immaculate. It comes with all the original parts. It even has 4 doors which is great with a carseat and the dog and all that. And here we go I am talking myself into thinking this is a good idea. No, No. Its a terrible idea.

So obviously I bought the car.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:48 pm

So for the past month we've been renting a flat in Edinburgh. I have street parking. In the median. That's like the worst place for street parking. And now its f*%ing snowing. I have been looking for a place to buy with a garage, or at least a good sized driveway, since I probably have at least 1 of my cars getting shipped from Colorado, and this Frankenstein Subaru deserves a garage too.

Also I forgot to mention, not only is the car a V8, its RWD converted. Which is awesome for drifting. Its kind of sketchy as hell in the winter.

I think I might be looking into a cheap beater like a golf or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ratR0's garage   

Back to top Go down

ratR0's garage
Page 1 of 1