PostSubject: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 11:07 am

Bankroll
2018:

2019:

Total: $81.000
Ford EcoBoost 1.6 inline 4, 16-valve with HKS GTIII–4R Turbo
6-speed M-Sport / X-Trac six-speed semi-automatic gearbox
Sport Part X3

Last edited by TRKninetyone on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:50 am; edited 38 times in total
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 11:07 am

2003 Honda S2000
Technical details:

2008 Aston Martin DBS
Technical details:

1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 16v
Technical details:

Last edited by TRKninetyone on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:26 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
TRKninetyone
Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am

Photographs
TRK's Garage 44601269300_acbac1df2e_o

Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am

Today marks the day of a new start. I've settled in, grown accustomed to the hills of Ireland and made some friends that really know how to shred a tyre. Today also marks the beginning of something.. Blasphemous. A bloke named Shane called me today, we used to run rally races way back in Australia. He and his WRC Fiesta had an unfortunate accident and the team at Ford sent them five new EcoBoost engines, complete with gearbox. Now there's something you need to know about Shane.. He's not really big on doing things legal, let's say he's a master at bending the rules. He also has a undeniable hate for everything Japanese. When he heard his old mate was running a ricebox (his words, not mine) up and down the bends of Ireland he felt slightly betrayed. Now I've been known to drive Japanese cars, I love their nimble lightweight precision, but I must admit that I cannot get the good old F20C dialed in to keep the S2K sideways. The Irishman said he had the perfect solution, he just had to mess with some numbers, or something..

So, we've come to today and after a slightly disgruntled phonecall Shane showed up to my house in the mountains of Ireland. With a f*cking "totaled" 1.6 liter EcoBoost engine and gearbox in the back of his truck.. Doesn't look totaled, it's brand spanking new, straight from Ford's rally division. He wants $5.500 for his expenses. It's a bargain and I don't think I have much of a choice now, do I? On top of that, it'll solve a lot of my problems, too. We crack open a cold one and start unloading the stuff into my garage. Shane shows me the ins and outs of the engine and we try to figure out how to get it into the S2K.

I've got work to do! These next few weeks I'll be able to build up this engine, hopefully. The chassis needs some love, too. It's a start, I've got a plan and with Shane's delivery, the means to execute it.

Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 12:32 pm

First things first, let get rid of those restrictor plates. That should up the power of the EcoBoost by quite a bit. I've also ordered a HKS GTIII–4R with supporting parts to up the power some more. Shane and I are working to figure out how to increase the displacement from its original 1.6 liters to at least 2 liters. Quite a substantial upgrade, but doable according to the Irishman. The only problem is that we can't exactly ask the technicians at Ford to help us out, this engine being borrowed and all that. We'll need to find a shop. Or start up Garage K again, but before I could do that I'll need clientele and money. Quite a lot of it.

The idea of opening Garage K here in Ireland has lingered for a while now. Sometime ago my friend Louis from the UK asked me to help him tune his M4 and brand new Civic Type-R. Both already modified by him, ofcourse, the guy never could keep his hands still. Both cars were set up in a similar way, fully adjustable track suspension, ARB's front and rear and amazing exhaust systems. I'm not sure what exhaust was under the Civic, but the M4 ran an Akrapovic exhaust which sounded mental. Louis gave me free reign on a choice of tyres. He needed the BMW back in a hurry so we decided not to dilly dally and get moving. While we drove up and down the mountain in my backyard Louis explained what he'd like the car to feel like, tight, but ready to party. Can't argue with that. Time to get to work.

Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 am

A few weeks passed, the BMW is ready to go back to Louis. It's quick, let me tell you, spent a good day or two to set it up proper, but it was totally worth it. When I delivered the M4 with the new HRE P101's and wider tyres to Louis he was stoked, to say the least! This was the first time he saw his new rims. A new part delivery always feels like Christmas, to me. Quite positive Louis felt that way too, by the looks of it.

We talked about all things car related and eventually came to my build. I told him all the ins and outs of what I'm currently working on. Even though he couldn't wait to see me drive off in his Civic so he could drive the M4, he stayed polite and listened to my blabbering. Eventually I popped the question if I could loan his Civic while I work on the S2K. A bit reluctant at first (he know I'll drive it hard), but we struck a deal. I tune it for free in the time I get to drive it. To be quite honest, I could probably finish the S2000 within a week, but Louis doesn't have to know that! This Civic is a lot of fun, I might need to get me a front wheel drive car, too!

Build related stuff, I took out the sound proofing and all unnecessary electronics to save weight. Since I have the Civic to drive, I can start pulling out the F20C and gearbox and begin figuring out how I'm going to fit everything in. Hopefully it won't require too much fab work, but if it does, we'll manage anyways.

Mechanic
TRKninetyone

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 11:04 am

Time has passed and I have since pulled out the good old F20C. It's a beauty, I truly love this engine and hope to find a suitable chassis for it someday. An AE86, perhaps? One can only dream. With the engine out of the way it's time to clean up the bay a bit. Tidy everything up and make space for the swap. I'm redoing all hoses, cables and tubes as it's easier for me to built it in a way that I can get to it if something goes awry. Should also shave some weight while we're at it!

On other news, I received some packages today. Project Mu sent me all the power in the world I'll need to stop this beast once it's finished, the craftsmanship is stunning! Cost a heavy penny, too, but you can see why. I'm excited to put them on once it's time. Now just to find rims to fit around those rotors.. And then wheel arches to fit those rims! That last bit won't be too much of a problem as I called TRA Kyoto today and ordered myself their Pandem kit. It's so aggressive and I think it'll look good, chasing doors like a hungry shark.

Still haven't tuned the Civic that Louis lent me.. However, I have been tinkering with the setup a bit and tested it in the field, but he doesn't need to know that. All I can say is, it's quick. Quicker than my S2000 last time I drove it. That said, I'm looking for something to drive so I can give him back his car. All in due time!

TRK's Garage Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRK's Garage   TRK's Garage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRK's Garage
Page 1 of 1