AuthorMessage
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:22 am

Lol that poopra. Shhhhhhhhhhh-tutututu
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:12 am

I started on prepping the car for drifting on Saturday, really looking forward to how it will drift. I haven't had a chance to drift it yet, I don't want to streeto it just yet as I have no idea how it will do and don't want to smash it into a curb. Really looking forward to how it drifts, roll on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:33 pm

An update on today's event.

Yesterday afternoon I finished work at lunch and headed home to prep the car for drifting the next day. I got it on the driveway and began the checks, I started by flushing my radiator and cleaning it out. Got that back on and filled up, dropped the oil and put in some Redline 5w40 based on what a forum told me. Also said I should put decent transmission oil in too, but the level was fine and I couldn't be bothered so I left it. Checked all the levels again and looked over it for leaks. Nothing to report in that area, all was good! Let the car run on idle and made sure the fans kicked in, they did. Everything else seemed fine so I gave it a wash and arranged a time with a buddy of mine waht time to meet.

Woke up early hours in the morning and set out to a McDonalds about 5 mins from my house, this is where I would meet a good friend of mine. I got there and had waited around for him. I heard the disinct noise of an SR20 in the distance, sure enough it was him. He rolled up next to me and we got some food and hit the road. It was a long drive to Sonoma Raceway and we wanted to get there for when it opened. I decided against trailering my car there, for one I didn't have one and second I hadn't ran the car for a long time yet so I figured the drive would do it good. We cruised the empty highway for about an hour before bits of traffic appeared.

After a nice drive we arrived at the track with about half an hour before so we parked the cars and went to talk to some of the other drivers that had turned up.

The track opened and it was to the drivers briefing for us, after going over the rules and what to do if you spin was explained it was time to get some drifitng done! We jumped back in the cars and lined up, I lead the way as it had been a while since I'd drifted a car and didn't want to plough into the back of someone. Four cars were in front of us so I sat there, nervous but super excited at the same time. The cars left the line and I was stopped at the cones, we watched the cars do a lap and head back to use. The marshall looked at me and gave the thumbs up, this was it. I dropped the clutch and pulled off the line, kicked it into second, the third and pulled the handbrake. I initiated too early and clipped the dirt, pulled the handbrake again in an attempt to not lose drift and threw it back into second. I gave it too much going into the second corner and I went straight into the dirt. Thanks to stock suspension I bounced and didn't cause any major damage.

After getting back to the start a guy stopped me and offered some help, he jumped in the passenger seat and I lined back up. He told to not drag the handbrake, he said to try and initiate later and with more of a flick. The marhsall gave the 'ok' to go so I left the line, he said keep it in second because the gears were long enough. I followed his advice and I nailed the entry, it pulled all the corner and went straight to the hairpin, pulled the handbrake and just manfooted it through the rest. He gave me thumbs up and said to just work that technique, then he got out and went back to his car. That's what I love about this sport, everyone is willing to help.

After a few more runs my tires were no good anymore, and for 10 bucks there was a guy that would let you use his machine to change them. After about 20 mins of waiting I got out the car and 2 guys jacked the car up and got the wheels off, the even changed the tires for me. I gave the guy some money and the car was dropped back down. Me and Andy, that's my buddy in the S13, had been seperated by this point, he was 3 cars in front and I got to see how he was driving whilst I was waiting. He was killing it! He had so much more confidence than me, he even got pretty close to some of the other guys out there! My turn to go again, got the 'ok' and headed out. Did the usual flick into the corner and the handbrake came wayyy up, tried it again and it wasn't even locking the wheels. I managed the rest of the course without a handbrake and rolled it back into the pits and took a look. Andy had waited for me so he came over, told him what happened. I stretched the cable, we found where to tighten it again and I just had to take it easy. I got back in and tested it, it was still going high but felt like it was doing something.

We both lined back up and headed out, I tried not to use the handbrake too much and just throw it about a bit more. Glanced back to see Andy come flying into my direction, he came super close to my door and didn't hit me. Was awesome! I gave a thumbs up out the window and wrapped the car around the last corner. People were cheering as we drove back, more for Andy but was still nice to see. He went to get fresh tires so I lined back up, was still pumped from the tandem we just had.

I set off, that run was doomed from the start. I got to the initiation, tried to initiate and heard a *click* *click* *snap*. Sure enough, the handbrake cable snapped clean off. I had no handbrake now. Span on the tight section of the course which caused everyone else to go off the track to avoid hitting me. I rolled back to the start line and apologized to the drivers, they were all ok about it which was awesome. I said what happened and a few of the parked near me and tried to fix it for me. It wasn't happening though, it was snapped clean off. I was given the ok to stay on track though, so that I did. I finished up an aweosme day without a handbrake. The car still performed well, just not as well as earlier.

I was coming to the last bit of my last set of tires, the car became a smoke machine. I lined up for the last run of the day. Andy behind me we set off, I threw the car in and it just threw smoke everywhere. It was definately one of the most badass runs of my day, I got back to the line and Andy said he had to let off from me because I was smoking him out haha. The last cars went out, me, Andy and a few other drivers watched them whilst my driving tires were put back on the car. We shook hands and headed back to the exit.

It was getting late so we decided to find a place to sleep for the night and set out in the morning. We discussed what fun we had today, it was the best event I've been to to date. It ran perfectly. I was told to invest in some coilovers for the Mustang though, it would keep the car a lot more steady and plus the adjustable stuff would help me tune it to suit me. That can be tomorrow's job. So to put an end on a truly awesome and fun day, here are some more pictures of today.

Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Nice ^
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks man. Smile
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Lead Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Sure was an awesome day at the track man!! Can't wait for the next meet
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah buddy, just need to keep a lookout for a new cable now.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Lead Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah I'll keep my eyes open as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 am

I just ordered a set of brand new BC Racing Type RA coilovers for the Mustang, hopefully they will get the car more steady and driftable. Plus they can go pretty low which is nice. When I got home today I jacekd the car up and pulled the broken cable out, now there is no cable coming from the handbrake to the brakes. Having to leave it in gear and the wheels turned all the wy in when I park it now, not parking it on my driveway as it slopes a bit and don't want the car to fall down.

A friend of mine knows someone with a garage and he said he'll fix it for me, I just need to source the part. Ordered on off eBay, should be here on Tuesday along with my coilovers. Going to be Saturday before I can fit those though, unless I can get it into a garage for a few hours in the week. We shall see.

Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 am

Just bumping this for a question.
If I were to sell the Mustang would anyone be interested?
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:08 am

Bought a Trans Am shell from the Boneyard. Not entirely sure why..
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 am

Lol, cuz race car.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am

Might strip it, cage it and put an LS3 in there.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 pm

here is your remaining 9K for the FR-S!!!!!!

TAKE IT
Back to top Go down
OneBadBird
Auto Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 am

so i heard you wanted a IS300 a few days ago.. im selling mine to fund that TA build if you want to try toi buy it first id like $25k

car currently has 389hp single turbo NA/t 2j, full race drivetrain with R154 gear ratios, race springs, cage and weight reduction, street tires at 265 reat width..
LMK
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:52 am

I was, but I got a 350z instead dude.
Back to top Go down
OneBadBird
Auto Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:18 am

its cool, cant wait to read future story updates
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

Could you go lower than 25 dude? Or sell it without the engine?
Back to top Go down
OneBadBird
Auto Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:31 am

I can but not to much lower. I have a lot of money in it
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:23 pm

I'll build one up later and let you know mate.
Back to top Go down
SoCal
Shop Floor Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:12 am

i want to kiss you
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:19 am

Gently ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Ol' Timer

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Heres 1K for letting me borrow your car last night.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 pm

You sure dude?
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Ol' Timer

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Yea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage [CASHED IN]