Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tandem Inc.

Go down 
+14
Takum1 Fujiwara
86GUY
Fadam
Darthm0ng
OneBadBird
Mad Hatter
Cougar
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
MichaelC
DIS OldManTiger
Falken HD
Kru Jones
Arsye
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 pm

You bet man!! Just give me a holler when I'm out of work and we'll get that bad boy all hooked up!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Alright buddy! Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, even more news!

Today after work I went to the junkyard to see if I could salvage more parts for the 240. Whilst I was there I found a bunch of rotten 240's, I got the diff off one and a few bumpers. Loaded them into the Mustang and was about to drive out, then I saw a pretty decent car parked up. A blue Scion FRS. I didn't want to go look because it was so clean I figured it was the owner of the junkyard that had it. Then I saw a number written on it, intrigued I went to take a look. One of the workers was doing a checklist on it, figured I should ask about it. We talked for a while about it, turns out the engine is gone. No one knew what had happened to it. It was just brought it and it was going to auction or 10k takes it now. That's one hell of a price seeing as they retail at 24k over here. Got in the Mustang and headed to the garage.

Andy was there when I got there, I told him about the FRS and he was just as shocked as I was. After a while we decided to buy it. It would blow another hole in the savings but it would be the perfect base for a shop car. A car we can both run as a drifter or a daily. I gave the yard a call to see if it was still there. It was, I told them to hold it and that we were on our way to buy it. Eagerly we got in our cars and drove to the bank, drew out 5k each and headed to the yard. The car was on a trailer waiting for us. After a look around the car we closed the deal. The car was ours! The guy drove it to our garage free of charge, well, we had just spent 10k there. We got it back and rolled into the garage, sitting pretty next to my POS 240. Work should start soon hopefully! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Lead Mechanic
Fadam

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Was good drifting yesterday mate!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah dude, well it was once I got the massive tyres off the Mustang haha. Your Altezza pulls dude!
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Lead Mechanic
Fadam

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks man, although I think it seemed faster then it is because you was in a pretty much stock Mustang, haha.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Haha, probably.
Needs to be done again soon mate!
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Lead Mechanic
Fadam

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Yea definitely! Just send me an invite or something whenever you're in an MNM lobby or something.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Will do mate.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Managed to upload a pic of the FRS.

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9396048096_2e332d3880_z

And a picture of the Mustang before I took the BBS's off.

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9393278167_2e487546fb_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 pm

My 'charger and exhaust came into today, got them locked up in the garage ready for Saturday then it's booked in for a drift day on Sunday to wear them in. Can't wait!

Also picked up a T25 turbo for the KA, I really need to stop spending money and build that thing. All in due time, I got a plan figured out. Gonna get interesting in the next month or so..
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 am

Just got word of an end of summer bash going on, date to be confirmed. I really need to get the 240 ready for that, I plan on sending the Mustang away around the end of summer for some love. Big things happening to it!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
Mechanic
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Now that i have the cash to start a fresh build, ima have to join you guys on some of the day trips you have!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:26 am

Yeah man, you're more than welcome!
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 am

Me and and a few of the Japan guys plan on coming over I'd you don't mind,
Gotta find some cars to use tho haha
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:38 am

You can use our garage to work on cars or whatever man, feel free! Smile
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:42 am

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 am

MichaelC wrote:
Me and and a few of the Japan guys plan on coming over I'd you don't mind,
Gotta find some cars to use tho haha

So now we're called 'Japan guys'? Lol.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:58 am

its not our name, haha
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Good news and bad news.
I won't be drifting the Mustang on Sunday. I'm working on my 240 all tomorrow and will probably not have time to put the parts on the Mustang, and then on Sunday it's drift day so no time then either.

The good news though is that my buddy is out of town and he has left me his 240 to look after, so I'm dailying that until he gets back. It's KA-T, so will give me a good look at what mine will perform like. Not sure on power, it hasn't been dyno'd but he said it should be around the 300 mark. Not bad. And I've entered it to drift on Sunday, so at least I can drive.

I sold my blown KA for spares, pulled it out this afternoon and the guy came to pick it up. Now I gotta get a manifold for the T25 I have ready for it, then an exhaust, FMIC, SR20 injectors and a few other things. Then the suspension can go on! I pushed the 240 outside today too and jet washed the engine bay down and gave it a spray of white from a rattle can. Makes it look cleaner. It's back in it's corner now, next time it will be driven it will be turbo.

Oh, here's a pic of my buddy's 240 that I'll be driving Sunday.

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9422773537_c70a49c9b1_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 am

Quick update on yesterday.

I got to the garage to work on the 240, I want it to be ready for a bash that's happening towards the end of August. So I've got about 3 weeks to finish it, or to atleast get it to a drifting state. I was using my buddy's 240 as a daily so the Mustang was left at home, no working on that this weekend. All the parts for it are here in the garage waiting to be installed, just not got the time. And the 240 is priority atm. Since the car had no engine now I decided to work on some suspension parts. I got the car up on axle stands and took the wheels off, then the stock coils and then the hubs. Decided since I was stripping the car I might as well get the front off ready for the new motor going in. I took the bumper and the fenders off, then the bumper bar. It was pretty big, figured I would need to cut into a bit to get the front mount fitted. Or I could fabricate myself a crash bar, I'll look into that!

Once all the front was off it was either put the engine in or do some suspension work. Engine it is! I got the engine on the crane and lined it up, since it was just me it was harder and took longer. But it was nice working on my car. After a while it was in, just needed to be put on the mounts and the gearbox to be bolted in. I got that done and couldn't be bothred to do anything else. An action plan for the 240:
- Turbo manifold
- Injectors
- FMIC
- Suspension
- DRIFTS!!

As of now it's still basically a shell. It has a motor just no manifolds, exhaust, it's not wired in, no cooling, no turbo and no suspension. Big things to do in 3 weeks, and not a lot of money to do it with..

Going to a local car park meet now so I'll update tonight how it went.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Ok, the event was massive fun!! Even better than the last one!

I met Andy there, because I was working on my car I was a bit late. I figured I was anyway, as I was approaching the weird fog/mist was unmistakeably tyre smoke. I pulled into the car park, paid my fee and went to find Andy. He was on track chasing down an Altezza. I parked it near a group of guys I knew and waited for Andy to turn up. About 15 mins went by and still no time, screw this, I wanted to drive! As I was lining up Andy was just coming off the course, we high fived as he drove past. Was pretty epic. My first proper drift of a KA-T, I've done some streeto in it. It felt nice, but I couldnt get upto speed because of narrow streets. Would be nice to see how it would take some real speed.

I flicked it in, full lock and foot mashed. The power is a lot more responsive than the Mustang, more direct. It span. Rolled back up and got back in line. A bit less agressive this time. Small flick of the handbrake and not massive angle, it held nicely. It was pretty snappy, probably because of how he has it set up. Not really my style. It drifted pretty nice actually, once I got used to how it handled. Got some decent angle and got pretty close to some other drivers. After a few runs it was getting pretty hot, didn't want to break my friends car so headed back and parked it over near Andy. We talked with some other local guys there, one of them had an SR 240 with about 350 horsepower. I said I had never driven an SR 240 before. He was pretty chill and offered me a go in it, I thought he meant a passenger ride so I accepted. He threw me the keys and he got in the passenger seat. I just got in, thinking he was joking. Figured he wasn't when I lined up. He told me how to handle it and not to crash. It drifted like a dream! Was nice to have that power in a light car, the massive tyres were also nice. They gripped really well and the car was super fast. Hit 80mph on initiation, wasn't even at 50 in the KA-T.

Throughout the rest of the day I got to have a go in more cars. A V8 swapped IS300, a 2J Altezza and my favourite. An LS1 240. Was so awesome, massive power was scary as hell though! The car felt so planted though, so controlled. Was a very nice car. One last run in the 240 and I was calling it a day, was so tired and didn't want to ruin someone's day by crashing into them or something. Said my goodbye's and headed home. Here's a few pictures of my day.

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9433527239_ddf84271cf_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9436302094_7f15111ee5_z
Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9436302366_d8090150c9_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Been searching Craigslist and a few forums for the past few weeks trying to source parts for this 240, it seems everyone is using their manifolds. Got a bit more work done on the car yesterday after work. Got the rear subframe out and poly bushed it and got the anti roll bar in there. When it was back in I was going to do the fronts but it was too late, had to go home.

The event where I'm hopefully driving the 240 for the first time is possibly happening on the 16th. That gives me exactly 10 days. Going have to make my own manifold I think. Will need to modify the exhaust too, going to be a first time I've done that. I really need to get a move on getting it done. No drifting this weekend, can't afford to run the Mustang there. It's becoming a problem the cost of the Mustang. Might have to sell it and buy something cheaper. Any interest in it?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Another quick update, got some more parts for the 240. I got some 370cc SR injectors and an Apexi SAFC2. Still need a manifold and exhaust still. Dug out some stickers I had in my house and stuck them on the bonnet. Atleast they're being used now. Smile

Tandem Inc. - Page 5 9461231354_af5b5dd3b8_z

Also listed the Mustang on Craigslist, hopefully it shifts soon. Need to get this built and get a cheaper daily. Costing me a fortune!
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 am

wheres the Danny George one!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandem Inc.   Tandem Inc. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandem Inc.
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next