Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UberTorque Articles - Issue #5

Go down 
+6
txschmidt
Kru Jones
Cougar
xCalluumm
REVAN
AC x Stunner
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Empty
PostSubject: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

Grassroots or Sunflower ?

The primitive idea of the foundation of this website was based on Grassroots drifting. In the year 2011, Smooth from the infamous Forza Motorsport forums had an idea of building cars, displaying them in a garage, and having weekly gatherings all in the name of grassroots drifting. But can the same be said for MNM ? Are we truly a grassroots community ? Well I decided to meet up with a close friend of mine, SJD Neroz, former BNB member since October 2012 and the discussion went a little like this ?

"So enough about cars, when are you joining MNM ?"

"I don't think I will be joining man, it's just not the same is it"

"Well there's a great vibe and lots of events, what more could you want ?"

"It's not grassroots. The idea that there's some people who can own such high level status cars just sort of ruins the idea of Grassroots"

Too which I replied

"But we drift grassroots, and it's not like we can put a cap on buying cars is there ?"

"No you don't get it. The whole reason I signed up to BNB was to be on the same level as everyone. Everyone was equal and it was a challenge. Now you can buy whatever and it's boring".

It took me a while to swallow a pill a of truth. A pill that made me question whether we are a Grassroots community or not. In my opinion we are grassroots, to a certain extent. But I don't think that we can call ourselves a 'Grassroots Community'

Thanks for reading. If you have any opinions on the controversial matter then please comment bellow. Thanks for any contribution and discussion, and please keep it PG!

Stunner - Founder UberTorque Media
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 am

I actually kinda agree with Neroz. Not to throw any one under the bus but you got guys rolling around with 200k at some point, or people with 10+ cars or you got guys rolling 150K Benzes with 25 to 35K in upgrades.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm one of those who are sitting on almost $300,000, but i'm not building high powered cars, i'm buiding fun, sub 400hp beater spec cars.
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:12 pm

xCalluumm wrote:
I'm one of those who are sitting on almost $300,000, but i'm not building high powered cars, i'm buiding fun, sub 400hp beater spec cars.

I Know, but your building off a story which is fine.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:16 pm

We've been over this a thousand times. There is no way to cap what people do, that's their choice. If you want to stay at grassroots level you stop building your car, there are plenty other people who stay at that level too. Me included.

Anyway, nice write up man.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Cougar wrote:
We've been over this a thousand times. There is no way to cap what people do, that's their choice. If you want to stay at grassroots level you stop building your car, there are plenty other people who stay at that level too. Me included.

I agree many times over on this subject. The beauty of this site is that you can do build what you want. I mean let's think about it....if you just collected pay days and only built a s13....how long before you built it past a grassroots level? Not long. I have multiple cars for multiple purposes. Some never see the light if dsy but im just happy to have it. Its my choice. If someone gets all butt hurt cuz someone has too many cars or too much money then that's their choice. Its not like this is a forced thing or something
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Fair enough guys. What does anyone else have to say on the matter ?
Back to top Go down
txschmidt
Lead Mechanic
txschmidt

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

To me the title 'Grassroots Community' means, a community of people that share the love of cars and will help each other. I know from buying cars from some of the "big money" players here it's not about the money, it's about the cars. I found this out first hand when Tiger sold me his 100k Z06 for 40k and on top of the big discount he let me make payments. He just wanted it to go to someone that would enjoy it and not try and make a quick buck by reselling it. That's just one example, Kru has given me cars for free or at a really good price, just for the simple fact to help me out.

If you look thru all the MnM events you don't see these high end cars entered, so to me that shows that the players that have high end cars are more of a show car in their collection.

To me MnM is a 'Grassroots Community' because of the sense of community that you can find here not by how much money one has in their bank.

Grass Roots - involving the common people, especially as contrasted with or separable from an elite:

Community - group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:15 pm

^^
Back to top Go down
txschmidt
Lead Mechanic
txschmidt

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Almost forgot... Nice read Stunner!
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Head Pimp in Charge
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

txschmidt wrote:
To me the title 'Grassroots Community' means, a community of people that share the love of cars and will help each other. I know from buying cars from some of the "big money" players here it's not about the money, it's about the cars. I found this out first hand when Tiger sold me his 100k Z06 for 40k and on top of the big discount he let me make payments. He just wanted it to go to someone that would enjoy it and not try and make a quick buck by reselling it. That's just one example, Kru has given me cars for free or at a really good price, just for the simple fact to help me out.

If you look thru all the MnM events you don't see these high end cars entered, so to me that shows that the players that have high end cars are more of a show car in their collection.

To me MnM is a 'Grassroots Community' because of the sense of community that you can find here not by how much money one has in their bank.

Grass Roots - involving the common people, especially as contrasted with or separable from an elite:

Community - group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists

That is AWESOME!!!! well said buddy boy!!!
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the involvement with the articles and stuff. If anyone fancies having a go at journalism with me, then please feel free to send me a PM

@Tx, thanks bud Smile
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Good stuff man, always making me think
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mechanic
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Hhaha thanks Michael. I'm really glad there's people who enjoy my hard work Wink
Back to top Go down
Darthm0ng
Lead Mechanic
Darthm0ng

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:05 am

It happened in BNB too so whats his point?
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 pm

txschmidt wrote:

Alot of that ^^.

Now, in response to your article Stunner, if you read the definitions laid out by TX above, we are dead center in them both. We can only infer from that that we are indeed a grassroots community. BUT, I don't believe that is the issue at all. I believe the issue lies squarely in the close minded attitude that Smooth displayed, and is showing in Neroz's statement. By that I mean both of those guys seem to think that they alone know the best way to run BnB or MnM. That they alone know what exactly it should be. Well, that's bullshit, and its exactly why MnM is open, and BnB isn't right now. NO ONE, and I include myself has the right to tell everyone else how to enjoy their builds/garages/money. In real life, does everyone live the same exact way? Do the exact same things to their cars? Spend money the same way? Hell no, they do not. And if they did, it'd be a boring ass place. MnM exists because we refuse to pigeon hole people, we prefer to allow people to have fun and experience grassroots in the way they themselves choose to find enjoyment. Are we grassroots? Yes. Are we going to limit people to fit into Smooth's and Neroz's narrow ideas of what grassroots should be? Nope.

Back to top Go down
86GUY
Lead Mechanic
86GUY

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:12 pm

I think there should be more betting with each other street racing maybe lobby bonuses just on normal tracks but for the more street like tracks only betting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UberTorque Articles - Issue #5   UberTorque Articles - Issue #5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UberTorque Articles - Issue #5
Page 1 of 1