Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cougar
Cougar

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Empty
PostSubject: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Last edited by Cougar on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:05 pm; edited 37 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:10 pm

BANK STATEMENT

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cougar on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:03 pm; edited 51 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

Free Parts

Parts:

Spare Parts

Parts:

Last edited by Cougar on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 8:34 am

Just a quick one for now, since I last posted anything a lot changed on the Z33. After a few events and practice drift days I decided to tear the car down and rebuild, but I ran into issues and things kept getting put back until eventually I got p*issed about not driving and not doing anything about it. I tried too hard, I got caught up in the idea that I needed 500+hp and a big V8 and massive amounts of lock. Basically I wanted a race car when the only thing I really wanted was seat time. I lost sight of keeping it fun and driving with my mates. So I sold the Z33 cheap with all the parts for someone to turn into a race car.

I also sold the RX7, that was too high maintenance for me to own. I was no where near its potential and had a few enquiries about it so got shut of that too! Now I’m left with my daily, the FK2 Type-R. I love that car, it doesn’t demand mass amounts of money from me and I can still get on it and drive fast on a track when I’m allowed. There are a few mods I want to do to it still but it’s so good out the box I don’t feel a rush to make it better!

Drifting has always been in my head, I couldn’t walk away from it even if I tried. Hence why I went out and bought a Nissan PS13. It was listed as spares or repair so I went to have a look. I’d say it’s 80% done already, but of rot on the chassis rails and the front end but nothing to worth re-shelling it at all! It came with a straight cam SR20DET but wouldn’t start. I don’t have any pictures of it but it’s yellow. Was missing the front bumper, front wings and a rear bumper. Also missing wheels but the owner sold me a set of his spares so I could at least roll it onto a trailer. Also came with a box of goodies he bought but never fitted. Did a deal on the price and it’s in the unit now.

My aim with this build is to just have fun, no massive FD spec build or 1000hp engines. Just simple, honest fun and as much seat time as possible! Just need to source some parts and get the motor running then it’s good to go!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 12:43 pm

After getting rid of the Z33 and RX7 I had a chance to properly clean out the unit, I got rid of anything I didn’t need and properly sorted out storage for the things I needed such as wheels, a few parts I had stored for friends and such. I’ve now got 2 lifts free as there isn’t a Z33 in a million pieces sat on it doing nothing and an RX7 that required a rebuild after every drive on the other. The FK2 is still my daily so no need for that to require any room! Basically means I was left with ample room for a new project! Something I could get seat time in, beat on and not worry about bending it. I knew what sort of thing I was looking for, I wanted an S-Chassis! Something SR, no rust and ready to rock. What I landed on didn’t quite fit that description but it was the best of a bad bunch!

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! 49b2f610

It’s a ‘94 Nissan PS13, I’ve driven coupe’s in the past but never owned one. I know they’re notorious for popping engines but I believe that looking after something properly really helps towards reliability. So the plan was simple in my mind. Low boost, breather mods and a whole lot of seat time! The car itself looks a bit rough but underneath it is solid! A bit of surface rust and scratches and dents but the rails have been welded along with the sills and the engine bay. The only issues it was sold with was rough bodywork, no bumpers or wheels. Complete interior and engine but hasn’t run in a couple years so the battery was flat.

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Af598310

I bought it got it to the unit. A friend of mine helped me out with some stock wheels he had lying around and also sold me a set of Buddy Club P1’s. He had a spare rear bumper that had seen better days and also a genuine Origin Lab front bumper and side skirts. Did a buy on those and got it on the lift. It’s got some knuckles I’ve never heard of and runs a LOT of lock, like it’s insane!! Also has a set of coilovers and Swift springs but unsure on the brand of shock. We’ll see how they feel! I got the battery out and relocated to the boot. I also didn’t know how old the fuel was in the car so I siphoned it out and put some fresh high octane it I had spare from the Z33 sponsors. The car did start after some persuasion and ran for about 10/15 minutes before I turned it off. Happy with the work I got myself booked onto the next drift day coming up at my local track and locked it up for the night.

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! 456b9710

I’ll update next on how the day went 🤭

MichaelC likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Cougar wrote:
BANK STATEMENT

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!   Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cougar - Keep Drifting Fun!
Page 1 of 1