Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?

Go down 
+12
Sidewinder
Stacks
DIS OldManTiger
xCalluumm
MichaelC
AC x Stunner
Impulse 3
Falken HD
Mosuke
Cougar
REVAN
86GUY
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MichaelC
Lead Mechanic
MichaelC

Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:16 pm

This car showed me why V8 swaps are cool
Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 9533223132_9b95083d2c_z

TBH im quite neutral with the 4 cyl turbo/ V8 crisis, both are cool

and yes, XCB3X, im jealous you have both;) 
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

HEh lol
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:47 pm

DIS OldManTiger wrote:
Chevy 350 4 bolt main. Hands down for me. So many configurations, so easy to obtain and maintain. Can be 200hp or over 1000hp.
Hell yes brother
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 pm

I do want a V8 now.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Don't mind me, just a 6cyl rolling through.

Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Engine6
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:17 pm

About that BMW i Bought...

Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCW7erwinmQ3NZpmmbRNMhGmIJTpOWCLpeXiYQJtaW5D3MpuxqJQ
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah it's not a bad engine, I just don't use it in Forza. Feels so sluggish and lazy.
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:38 pm

I know what your talking about but i got a tune to make it not so lazy.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 pm

How much power you aiming for?
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Not bad.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
Admin
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Cougar wrote:
Yeah it's not a bad engine, I just don't use it in Forza. Feels so sluggish and lazy.
I don't like it either in most cases, but I love it in my Z4.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I had an E36 back on BNB with a V8, I got it super cheap so it wasn't my choice haha. It felt horrible. Never tried it in an E46 though. Hell, I don't even know what it's like in the E92. I always swap the V10 in there.
Back to top Go down
REVAN
Motor Maestro
REVAN

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

In the E92 it's Horrible.
Back to top Go down
Sideways 30k
Lead Mechanic
Sideways 30k

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I Love the LS Series, They Put out more power than Most stock motors today. Im also a fan of the ford 302 motor(not knowing the code). They're both good motors IMO. But theres people that have to side because what others have taught them. lol I like chevy to a point but im not the biggest fan. Im into more Jap Cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:55 am

KA24de: It's never given me problems, gets pretty good gas milage when I do drive it, and good Get-up-and-Go
Yamaha 600cc: It has 38k miles and half of its track life, still has no problem reving to 14,000rpms while pushing it on the track
Back to top Go down
Mosuke
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 am

You guys make me chuckle lol
I know everyone's friends again, but i've never quite understood the 'engine argument' conversation
I'd have to disagree to an extent over the cheapness of an LS or Windsor in the UK as importing the crate adds a big chunk to the build costs. Where as an RB25 can be found for peanuts here in a rusted out gts-t for sub 1k, usually with extras, plus the money you can make back on the car parts.
But at the end of the day it's all just opinion, There is no 'best motor' only best for 'me and my budget' as lets face it if money was no object we'd all have bespoke motors that were lightweight, 2,000bhp with similar torque in our preferred layout for sound (V8, flat 4/6, straight 6 or V12)

When all's said and done what matters is we are all gear heads with passion for internal combustion!
I for one would prefer to argue the virtues of engine families over what the latest offer for Wayne Rooney is before the transfer window closes *yawn*
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
Mechanic
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Mosuke wrote:
When all's said and done what matters is we are all gear heads with passion for internal combustion!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?   Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your alltime favorite engine and why ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3