Made Not Manufactured
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forza Grassroots forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next Gen Consoles.

Go down 
+14
PortableCorpse
DB BeeDee
Cougar
DIS OldManTiger
Mosuke
xCalluumm
Ad the Rad
Impulse 3
Wolfling
bobthegama675
REVAN
Arsye
MaltachAE86
END Cody
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DB BeeDee
Shop Floor Sweeper
DB BeeDee

Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 am

The car and track list has just made my decision to get the PS4 instead of the Xbox even stronger.
Sometimes Quality over Quantity does not prevail victorious and this is one of the times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/thetastyvagina
Brenwalsh
Shop Floor Sweeper
Brenwalsh

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 am

They'll just use that extreme lack of cars and tracks as an excuse to suck as much money from idiots who buy the game.

Just another reason to get a PS4
Back to top Go down
bobthegama675
Mechanic
bobthegama675

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Were is the Porsche's???
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Motor Maestro
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm

NFS.^
Back to top Go down
Sideways 30k
Lead Mechanic
Sideways 30k

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:51 pm

PS4: Gran Turismo 6, and Other Exclusives. I used to own a PS3, then switched to Xbox for about 7 Months. Got boring quick. I like GT better than FM as well. Its physics work Better. Forza is like Ice. Its only good for Drifting. Grip racing barely works. Gran Turismo can be for anything. Depending on the DLC you have. On top of that, GT5 has a way bigger car selection than FM4 also, GT6 has WAY more cars that FM5. Also the Physics engine is better than GT5. Who cares about Sound or Looks. Only reason Cars sound the same on GT5, is coz everyone puts on that Racing Titanium Exhaust. I'm a Fan of Both but Gran Turismo feels better IMO.
Back to top Go down
bobthegama675
Mechanic
bobthegama675

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

I had GT5 until I sold my PS3. Yes it had more cars and good physics but the game progression through career was garbage, the car shop was a joke, and the ps controllers suck for any racing game.
Back to top Go down
Arsye
Car Czar
Arsye

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 am

Just talked to my dad about it. I'm getting an xbox one for christmas or a couple days after christmas or before or whatever.

I'm going to be paying $100, my dads going to pay $150 and my mom is going to pay 250. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Sideways 30k
Lead Mechanic
Sideways 30k

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:09 am

bobthegama675 wrote:
I had GT5 until I sold my PS3. Yes it had more cars and good physics but the game progression through career was garbage, the car shop was a joke, and the ps controllers suck for any racing game.
I know but, I Prefer GT over FM. It feels better than Forza, you can actually go around a Corner with out sliding...
Back to top Go down
bobthegama675
Mechanic
bobthegama675

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I make it around corners without sliding all the time so I don't see your argument
Back to top Go down
The Iron Fox
Shop Floor Sweeper
The Iron Fox

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm not going to go naively on past experiences, and I'll explain just why.

What was wrong with this gen:

But look at the new consoles on their own rather than their predecessors. Because you aren't buying their predecessors. >_>

XB1 looks like a cable box, lol, that's the first time I've actually heard that and I lol'd. It's true, you aren't driving it anywhere and it's just going to be on top/below/next to your cable box, as well as your surround sound system and all the other mundane sh*t you have in your unit anyways. And if you don't have a unit then you have bigger things to complain about than how ugly it looks on (insert article of furniture/location on floor/or room here). Don't like it? Mod your case. Because I sure as hell know I'm modding mine.

PS4 is a whole fourth(?) cheaper? More or less the same thing. Is going to have tons of PlayStation exclusive titles that I simply would hate to miss. Supposedly PSN is also getting a more social-friendly overhaul. And the games won't have loading screens on the PS version that the XB versions didn't. I hope I'm not the only one to notice that. XD

Now let's look at the two most famous racing games in the genre.

Gran Turismo. I heard it's getting a whole tool for creating and moderating your own leagues as well as monitoring stats in them. If you're like me and play on sites like Virtual Motorsports, et-c, then you know just why this is a huge one-up. They're also making the cars more customization-friendly, though it will probably never par Forza's livery editor unless they finally get one themselves. This doesn't need mentioning, but there's going to be no shortage of cars. Who cares if some third of them were ported from GT4? I remember GT4 as both the first HD game I played and best looking game on that damn console!

Forza Motorsport. I think we're getting more layers thanks to cloud streaming and the modern chipsets? The graphics are astounding, so much in fact that two of the garage pics they released were mistaken for the genuine article!!! Forza also has quite a dedicated fanbase. They're being giant capitalists right now though, because let's face it, those tracks and cars we lost are SO getting DLC'd. They'd plummet if they didn't They know what they're doing, and want to turn a profit doing it. But more power to them; it IS a lot of work after all, updating that old content to meet next gen standards.

Everything else kind of just falls in the gray space. They both have BF4 on the way, COD, pretty much all the big main stream titles. And as for exclusive titles, they're kinda tied right now. Some of my favorite franchises are actually going PS-only though, and PS always had a history of having exclusive franchises that were knockouts, so who knows.

Now, for the resolution. Which one am I getting? No clue. Everything I just mentioned < one simple thing; social gaming. Are most of my friends/acquaintances going XB1? Or PS4? Whichever one turns out being more popular in those terms is what I'll buy, because I simply don't thrive off of a single player only experience. I'd rather just spend the whole day/night outside then. Unfortunately and to my dismay, it's looking like XB1. >_<

Edit: Oh, and I not having to drive on a Nurb that's a whole five miles longer anymore! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Consoles.   Next Gen Consoles. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Consoles.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Made Not Manufactured :: MnM Main :: Off Topic-
Jump to: